All articles in 'Templates' Category
Create a gantt chart with ability to filter by levels. This drill-down gantt chart in Excel is useful for seeing activities by module or team. Read on for full instructions + downloadable template.Continue »
Do you run an e-commerce website? You are going to love this simple, clear and easy website metrics dashboard. You can track 15 metrics (KPIs) and visualize their performance. The best part, it takes no more than 15 minutes to setup and use. Here is a preview of the dashboard.
Click to download the template.Continue »
Do you want to create a simple, elegant and useful tracker using Excel? You can make trackers with features like tables, data validation rules and conditional formatting. In this page, I will explain the process for creating an Excel tracker.Continue »
Happy New Year to all our readers. Let’s kick start 2020 with an awesome calendar, daily planner and monthly calendar template. Please visit the post page to download the 2020 Calendar Excel Template.Continue »
FIFA world cup 2018 is around the corner. I love soccer, I love Excel, Let’s marry them. Here is an awesome, free FIFA world cup Excel Tracker to help you follow this year’s games in Russia.
What you can do with this FIFA world cup Tracker Excel?
You can use this tracker to,
- View schedules in your local time for group and knockout stages
- View summary and detailed points table
- Refresh live points table. When you refresh, the tracker show updated points based on latest results (You need Excel 2016, Office 365 or older versions of Excel with Power Query)
- View knockout stage matches as a bracket
- See timeline of the matches
Nishanth & Nakshatra, my kids are now 8 years old and learning mathematics at school. Very soon (from this Saturday), they will have 2 weeks of school term break. As a stay at home dad, I shudder at the thought of school holidays. So this time, I have an evil plan. I made maths worksheets for them. Everyday, I will print one and ask them to complete.
If you are a stay at home parent and want to keep your kids busy for a few minutes every day, grab a copy of this and give it a go. Keep in mind that the workbook uses RANDBETWEEN(), so the numbers change every time. If you have multiple kids, print multiple copies. There are no answer sheets, so when you need to check the answers, you too must calculate them by hand.Continue »
I believe in frugal living and paying yourself first. One of the simple ways to achieve this is by using a budget. You know how much money you get. Once you can track (or estimate) how much you are spending, it is easy to see how much you are paying your future self and what wiggle room you have. So in the spirit of making you awesome in life, not just Excel, let me share a simple but elegant household budget spreadsheet.
Here is a screenshot of the budget.
Here is an awesome planner template to help you manage activities over a month. It is useful for charity drives, activity planning, school schedules, marketing initiatives, project planning etc.
Read on to download a copy of the template & learn how to use it.Continue »
Recently my iPhone 4 crashed. It is 3.5 years old. And just like any other 3 year old, it started acting weird & crazy one night. The next morning it went silent. It won’t go beyond the Apple logo whenever I start it. Since I couldn’t wait for the phone to start, I took out the SIM card (the phone is unlocked, if you are wondering) and placed it in my old Nokia phone. But alas, none of my contacts are on the SIM. They are in “cloud”.
After a day of answering phone calls from everyone including my mom as “Chandoo here”, I’ve decided to get my contacts back. So I logged in to iCloud to download a backup. And the backup was a .VCF file.
Since I wanted to have all my contact numbers in a spreadsheet, I did what any Excel nerd would do. I built a template that can convert VCF data to Excel worksheet.Continue »
Its almost ready. Our ready to use Excel dashboard templates are coming to a spreadsheet near you on November 13th.
Here is a teaser preview of the dashboards. Our own official trailer, rated A for awesome.
Watch it below:
Excel Dashboard Templates – What are they?
As the name suggests, these a set of workbooks where you can key in your data, set up how you want the looks & bam, a beautiful, insightful, fun, easy to use dashboard pops right out. All in few minutes.
Here is how these templates can help you:
- Design awesome dashboards in minutes, not months: Don’t waste hours trying to figure out formulas, chart settings and layouts. Instead focus on what your users want, how your business works and use those insights to tell the ‘Excel Dashboard Template’ what you want. Save time and look awesome.
- Accommodate change elegantly: People change. Businesses change. What your boss wanted last month is no longer what she wants today. So when someone asks you, “hmm, can you show me YTD data instead of last 13 months”, or “Can I see top 10 KPIs instead of all”, you just smile and tap a few clicks and bingo, the new dashboard will be ready. These templates are designed to handle change (data, requirements, design preferences and insights).
- Customize everything: Unlike a template set in stone, these are designed to let you customize almost every little aspect of the output, calculations and behavior.
- Beautiful & Informative: These templates are designed with a delicate balance of beauty & insight. Everything is seamlessly designed, perfectly aligned and precisely calculated so that you & your boss can focus on the insights & decisions. Time tested and well honored visualization principles & guidelines are observed thru-out the reports.
- Built for starters, built for pros: Whether you are just starting with Excel or a seasoned pro, you can find the templates right up your alley. For advanced users, we have many customizations to whet your appetite. Want to build a custom calculation or include another type of sorting, you can do it by tinkering with ‘calculations’ sheet.
A while ago, we published a new year resolution template. This was a hit with our reader with thousands of you downloading it. During last week, Peppe, one of our readers from Italy, took this template and made it even more awesome.
The original template had tasks and completion check mark. As you finish each task, you can see the progress bar moving.
Peppe added priorities to this. With his new version, progress is measured based on how much priority we assigned that particular task. Pretty neat eh?!?Continue »
When planning a meeting, an event or activity, we deal with many individual steps (each taking certain amount of time). Today let us understand how to create an agenda template in Excel using simple formulas.Continue »