Pack your toys, PJs and tooth brush. We are going on a play date with Power BI. Considered to be one of the fastest growing technologies in the world of data, power BI is an incredible software to collect data, model it, analyze it, visualize and publish your work – all with ridiculous ease. Think of Power BI as a natural extension to Excel based reporting with built-in capabilities to publish to mobile phones, web and everyone in your organization securely.
I won’t tease. Check out below report (you will learn how to make this in our Play Date). It is live. Feel free to click, select and play with it. Isn’t it amazing? And when you view this report on mobile, it will show up in a mobile compatible view too. #AWESOME.
Power BI Play Date is an online training program to teach you how to use Power BI.
Working with data in Power BI feels like playing, hence the name Play Date. This program is completely online and self-paced. You can learn about Power BI from the comfort of your couch (or playpen). I take you from a Power BI beginner to pro by the end of this course.
Take a sneak-peek at the reports you will create in this play date.
In this program (more than 8 hours long), you will learn:
- Getting started with Power BI – Your first ever play
- Create and publish a KPI dashboard
- Analyzing customer service data and creating powerful reports (the CliQ customer service db you see above)
- Understanding your new play mate Power Pivot – the engine behind Power BI
- DAX in the park – an introduction to DAX formulas for Power BI
- Whats up with the chicken prices in New Zealand – an exploratory analysis
- Introduction to Power Query – your faithful ball fetcher
- Creating an executive reporting system with forecasting, what-if analysis and more
- Play time – Roger Federer’s 8th Wimbledon win
- Play time – Craft Beer, anyone?
Be warned though. This is thoroughly awesome and intense play. Prepare for some serious exercise.
Let’s be honest. Power BI is awesome and all, but not everyone can hop on the bandwagon. You need below skills to successfully use Power BI:
- Decent understanding of business and reporting concepts (ie are you building some reports in Excel or other tools already?)
- Beginner to intermediate level of Excel (while you won’t be using Excel in Power BI, knowing things can simplify your work)
- Passion to learn new things (Power BI feels almost nothing like Excel)
and oh yeah, you will also need:
- Free Power BI Desktop software (you can download this from powerbi.microsoft.com)
- Optional Power BI online account (this will let you publish things on web etc.)
In this play date, I assume that you have little or zero experience with Power BI and build from that level. At the end of this program you will be able to create awesome reports with the program. That is my promise.
Our Power BI Play Date runs in batches. The first batch enrollment is now open. Keep these dates in mind.
- Enrollments: Closed. Re-opens in May 2018
- Play begins: As soon as you join.
Our Power BI Play Date is now closed for new mates. We will re-open the play group in May 2018. Sign up our waiting list and I will send you updates about the course, Power BI tips and more.
Power BI Play Date
What do you get?
8+ hours of Power BI Training
Full example workbooks + datasets
Intro to Power Pivot and Power Query
24×7 view & download access
1 year online access & membership
Course completion certificate
30 day money-back guarantee
All for just $299
– John Geiger
Q. What software do I need?
You need free Power BI Desktop software (instructions on how to get it will be available in the playroom). You will also need Excel (any version) to check and modify raw datasets. Please note you will need admin privileges on your computer to install Power BI Desktop.
Q. I am an Excel newbie / intermediate level user, Should I join?
If you haven’t done much reporting or data analysis work prior to this, I suggest joining our online Excel School program first. Once you have necessary data skills, you will enjoy Power BI more.
Q. Do you have discounts for team enrollments?
Oh yes, we have. Visit team discounts page to know more & enroll with discounted prices.
2. The topics covered are exhaustive
3. Practical examples are taken from various industry
4. There is index on the start of every chapter for the topics covered
5. I received revert for few of my queries and that helped me in my job
6. The download of chapter can be a ready reference for life long
7. The reference website give for more exploration helped to get detail knowledge on topic
If you have any problem during signup process or still have some un-answered questions, write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at +1 206 792 9480 or +64 21 070 1136. I will be very glad to answer your questions.
I am looking forward to playing with you & Power BI. Come join us.