Line charts in Excel are essential for trend analysis, spotting distribution and outliers. Use these 6 variations to get more out your line chart.
- Indexed Line Chart
- Spaghetti Line Chart
- Smoothed Line Chart
- Forecast Line Chart
- Line Chart Combinations
Ever wanted to create a two-level data validation list? You can use this simple trick to make two-level or cascading drop-down validation lists in Excel. You need some data, a pivot table and simple IF formulas to get this. Read on to understand the process and create your own two-level drop down lists in Excel.Continue »
Got some data in a calendar format and just wished you can get it in tabular format?
You can use Excel formulas or Power Query to do this. In this article, let’s review formula based approach with two excellent choices.Continue »
Power Query (Get & Transform data in Excel) is a true game changer ?. It can simplify and automate various data activities. In this in-depth blog tutorial, learn all about this powerful time-saving technology. You will learn:
* What is Power Query and how to launch it from Excel or Power BI?
* How to connect and load data from any type of sources – excel files, CSVs, text files, web pages, PDF, folders etc.
* How to perform common data cleansing activities with Power Query
* Adding columns using rules
* Automating data collection, clean-up and publishing processes with Power Query
* Web scraping with Power Query
* SQL style Joins, merges, appends and unions with Power Query
* Consolidating data in a folder
* Data load, save & publish process
* Tips & tricks on using Power Query efficiently
Create a gantt chart with ability to filter by levels. This drill-down gantt chart in Excel is useful for seeing activities by module or team. Read on for full instructions + downloadable template.Continue »
Introducing Power BI Play Date – Online class to master Power BI (oh yeah, Power Query & Power Pivot too)
It’s here. Power BI Play Date – our online training program is now ready for your consideration. Please take a few minutes to read this to know all about the program. If you are ready to join, click here.
Check out below slideshow to see some of the reports you can create in our course. It is #AWESOME.Continue »
A stream graph or stream plot is an area chart that looks like a stream. In this post, let me show you how to create an interactive stream graph using Excel area charts. The original design for this graph is inspired from Cedric Scherer.Continue »