Ever wondered how to undo in Power Query. If you try to press CTRL+Z or look for undo icon in Power Query (either in Excel or Power BI), you will not find it. The reason is simple. There is no undo in Power Query. So how to undo ?Continue »
Excel date time features are very handy and knowing how to use Excel date values can help you save a ton of time in your day to day spreadsheet chores. Let us prepare for your date with the sheet using these 10 handy tips.
Before jumping on to the tips, it helps to know how excel represents the date and time.
Microsoft Excel stores dates as sequential numbers … January 1, 1900 is serial number 1, and 20 June, 2018 is serial number 43271 because it is 43,271 days after January 1, 1900. Excel stores times as decimal fractions because time is considered a portion of a day. [Excel Help Text on Date / Time]
So you see, Date and Time are in fact numbers in Excel. Just enter a date in your excel sheet and format it as number to see its equivalent numeric value. If a date is
20-June-2018 and excel represents it as
Time for some soccer fun in spreadsheets. Given a team points table like above,
How would you figure out in Excel, which teams qualify for next stage. The rules for this exercise are,
- Pick the top two teams by points
- If there is a tie, use Goal Difference (GD) to break ties (more GD is good)
- If there is a tie, use Goals For (GF) to break ties
Excel table is a series of rows and columns with related data that is managed independently. Excel tables, (known as lists in excel 2003) is a very powerful and supercool feature that you must learn if your work involves handling tables of data.
What is an excel table?
Table is your way of telling excel, “look, all this data from A1 to E25 is related. The row 1 has table headers. Right now we just have 24 rows of data. But I can add more later!”Continue »
So you have decided to up your game with Excel and / or Power BI this year and now ravenously looking for books to read. You have come to the right place. Here is my list of recommended best Excel books, and books on Power BI, visualization, dashboards, VBA, Macros and analytics.
Use below links to navigate the relevant section of this page:Continue »
FIFA world cup 2018 is around the corner. I love soccer, I love Excel, Let’s marry them. Here is an awesome, free FIFA world cup Excel Tracker to help you follow this year’s games in Russia.
What you can do with this FIFA world cup Tracker Excel?
You can use this tracker to,
- View schedules in your local time for group and knockout stages
- View summary and detailed points table
- Refresh live points table. When you refresh, the tracker show updated points based on latest results (You need Excel 2016, Office 365 or older versions of Excel with Power Query)
- View knockout stage matches as a bracket
- See timeline of the matches
Excel SUMIFS function is used to calculate the sum of values that meet any criteria. For example, you can calculate the total sales in east zone for product Pod Gun using SUMIFS formula.
In this article, you will learn:
- What is SUMIFS function and how to use it?
- Syntax for SUMIFS
- Using SUMIFS() with tables and structural references
- SUMIFS examples – simple, wild card
- Using SUMIFS() with date & time values
- Free sample file for SUMIFS formula
- More formulas for data analysis