All articles with 'masterclass' Tag
I recently finished a long consulting gig with one of the government ministries in New Zealand. Guess what I was doing? HR Analytics and Reporting. In this post, I want to share my top 5 Excel tips for HR people, based on what I learned in the last 18 months.
Specifically, we will cover:
- Gathering and structuring Employee data in Excel
- How to use Power Query to collect data
- Polish / clean data in Power Query
- Bring cleaner data to Excel as refreshable table
- Answering questions about employees
- Using Excel formulas such as COUNTIFS, SUMIFS, AVERAGEIFS
- Pivot tables for data analysis
- Understanding the results quickly with conditional formatting
- Understanding pay gap
- Calculating gender pay gap
- Visualize pay gap
- Creating salary distribution charts
- Working with histogram charts in Excel 2016 / Office 365
- Making interactive charts
- Generating letters thru mail merge
- Calculating employee bonus based on bonus mapping logic
- Creating 100s of letters with a single click using Mail Merge + Word
Sounds interesting? Read on for details.Continue »
If you are an Excel enthusiast, here is a feast for you.
Just a small glitch, it is a not feast you enjoy with mouth, it is a feast you consume with eyes, ears & mind.
It gives me immense pleasure to invite you to this feast.Continue »
Let me stop our broadcast of Excel tips to bring an announcement.
Houston, we are going to get awesome
As you may know, I am doing 4 days of live masterclasses on Advanced Excel, Dashboards, Power Pivot & Data Analytics in Houston (Texas) this September.
- 15 & 16 September (Mon & Tue) on Advanced Excel & Dashboard Reporting
- 17 & 18 September (Wed & Thu) on Power Pivot & Data Analytics
This 4 day masterclass is aimed at managers, analysts, reporting professionals, executives in sales, marketing, customer service or anyone who wants to learn about Data Analytics, Advanced Excel, Dashboard reporting.Continue »
If you listen carefully, you can hear my screams of joy. I have 2 very happy news to share with you.
- I am speaking at Excelapalooza Excel conference, happening at Dallas (Texas) between September 21 to 24.
- I will be conducting an Advanced Excel, Dashboards & Power Pivot masterclass at Houston (Texas) between September 15 to 18.
This is a personal note, not an Excel tip. So grab a cup of coffee, relax and read on. As I pack our bags and run the last checks, one thought keeps crossing my mind. ‘How impossible all this sounded just a few years ago’. When I quit my well paying corporate job in April, […]Continue »
One of the popular uses of Excel is to maintain a list of events, appointments or other calendar related stuff. While Excel shines easily when you want to log this data, it has no quick way to visualize this information. But we can use little creativity, conditional formatting, few formulas & 3 lines of VBA code to create a slick, interactive calendar in Excel. Today, lets understand how to do this.Continue »
I have a super exciting news to share with you all. I will be conducting a series of Masterclasses on Advanced Dashboards & Excel in USA this Summer (May – June 2012). So if you live in (or nearby) Chicago, New York, Washington DC or Columbus OH, and want to one up your dashboard skills, you know what to do next.
I am conducting these masterclasses in partnership with PowerPivotPro.Continue »
Just a quick reminder. We are closing early-bird discount for my Australian Excel & Dashboards Masterclass on 16th April. So if you want to attend my training program in Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane, you have very little time left to sign-up.Continue »
We pause the regular broadcast of Excel awesomeness to share something exciting. As you may know, I will be running a series of Advanced Excel Dashboard Masterclasses in Australia this May & June. So if you live in (or nearby) Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Perth or Brisbane and want to one up your dashboard skills, you know what to do next.
I am conducting these masterclasses in partnership with Plum Solutions.
Read this short post or Click here to know more about this masterclass.Continue »
Hello folks, I have a super exciting news to share with you all. I will be conducting a series of Masterclasses on Advanced Dashboards & Excel in Australia this Autumn (May – June 2012). So if you live in (or nearby) Sydney, Melbourne, Canberra, Perth or Brisbane and want to one up your dashboard skills, […]Continue »