All articles with 'FILTER()' Tag
Excel Dynamic Array Functions are a true game changer. These newly introduced DA functions can filter, sort, remove duplicates and do much more. The output of these functions can go to a range of cells. Hence the name – dynamic array functions.Continue »
When it comes to analyzing business data, managers are always asking, “so how many distinct x each y is doing?”
And that sends us, data analysts & reporting professionals running from pillar to post figuring out the best way to do it.
- We can use variations of SUMPRODUCT, COUNTIFS etc, but the methods are not flexible..
- We can use VBA, but it would become slow as you add more data.
- We can use Pivot tables, but it only gives half of what we want ie each y part, but not distinct count of x.
- We might as well shave our head with a shovel before manually counting values.
And that brings us to 2 distinctly simple solutions:
- Using Power Pivot & Excel 2010
- Using regular pivot tables in Excel 2013
Today, lets talk about these 2 approaches & see why they are so better than anything else for distinct count situations.Continue »