CP024: Customize Excel to boost your productivity
In the 24th session of Chandoo.org podcast, let’s customize Excel so we become productive.
What is in this session?
Each of us use Excel in our own way. And yet, we all end up using the same Excel. That is not fair. Shouldn’t the Excel of an accountant be different from Excel of a teacher?
In this podcast, lets understand some of the powerful & useful ways to customize Excel so that we can do our work better. Tune in only if you are serious about productivity.
In this podcast, you will learn,
- Why customize Excel?
- Customization options:
- Excel Options
- Quick Access Toolbar
- Excel Ribbon
- File menu / back stage view
- Themes, styles & templates
- Personal Macros
- Closing thoughts & Bonus give away instructions
Listen to this session
Sneak-peek at our ready to use dashboard templates
In the podcast, I spoke about my upcoming product – Ready to use Dashboard Templates. They are releasing on 13th of November (Thursday), 2014. Meanwhile, take a sneak-peek at them.
Click on the images to enlarge.
Links & Resources for customizing Excel:
Customizing Excel Options & File menu
- Excel Productivity Secrets (2007 & up)
- Excel customization tips from our readers
- Understanding backstage view (file menu) in Excel
Customizing QAT & Ribbon
- Free guide to learn & use Excel Ribbon
- How to add your personal macros to QAT
- How to create your own ribbons in Excel
- How to add your macros to Ribbon?
- Getting Excel 2003 style toolbar in Excel 2007 & up
Working with Personal Macros
- CPGIFT – Guide to Excel Ribbon
- CP020 – Time saving strategies for Business Analysts
- CP022 – Introduction to VBA & Macros
Transcript of this session:
How do you customize Excel to stay awesome?
In the podcast, I revealed all my favorite ways to customize Excel. Now its your turn.
Go ahead and speak-up. Tell me how you customize Excel to maximize its potential. Please share your tips & suggestions in the comments area.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« The ultimate VLOOKUP trick – Multi-condition Lookup||What would you wear to an Excel themed Halloween party? »|