CP006: How to be a better analyst? – Road map for getting better at Data Analysis & Improving your career prospects
In the 6th session of Chandoo.org podcast, we focus on making you a better analyst.
Before we proceed in to the session, let me remind you:
Subscribe to Chandoo.org Podcast
Do you know that you can subscribe and receive latest episodes of our podcast right to your ears? Use one of the below links to get started.
- For iPhone or iPod or iPad: Click here to subscribe.
- Andriod Phones & Tabs: Click here to subscribe on Stitcher. (You can download Stitcher free app from that link)
- Windows Phone: For Windows phone, search your podcasts app for our show.
- Or… As always, you can get latest episodes, show notes & resources from our Podcast page.
What is in this session?
One of the most popular questions I get, goes like this:
I recently became an analyst. I want to succeed in my work. How do I go about it?
So in this episode, lets explore the road map to becoming a better analyst.
- Announcement about Easter Egg hunt
- Why become a better analyst?
- The road map for becoming a better analyst – BETTER framework
- B for Business Knowledge
- E for Examining user needs
- T for Thinking about analysis
- T for Tools of Trade ie Excel
- E for Expression
- R for Refining yourself
See the mind-map aside (click on it to expand) to understand the BETTER framework.
Go ahead and listen to the show
Links & Resources mentioned in this session:
Easter Egg Hunt:
Resources to learn Excel
- Understanding Data
- Excel Tables
- Ad-hoc Analysis Tools in Excel
- Charting & Reporting
- Automation & VBA
Making Interactive Charts in Excel
Spreadsheet Errors & Auditing
- Handling Errors in Spreadsheets
- Using IFERROR function
- Spreadsheet Auditing & Risk Management – 4 part article
- Go to Special – your best friend for spreadsheet auditing
Transcript of this session:
Are you becoming better analyst?
As a CEO of a small company, most of my time is spent on analysis & decision making. So I am always looking for ways to improve my skills.
What about you? How do you become better at your job. Please share your tips, ideas & inspiration in the comments.
Leave a Reply
|Modeling tiles in a room using Excel Conditional Formatting||How to become an MVP in Excel [case study]|