What is this course?
These days almost any job requires data analysis & presentation of results. While anyone can put a list of values in Excel & sum them up, not everyone can do advanced analysis, create charts, make them interactive, summarize data intelligently, present output in an intuitive dashboard or slice & dice data using Pivot tables & Power Pivot. Having these vital skills can make you invaluable to your organization & expose you to new opportunities. Not to mention the amount of time, money & effort you can save by efficiently using Excel.
That is why we have created 2 powerful courses – Excel School & Power Pivot classes. Think of these as steps in a ladder.
Excel School program teaches you how to analyze data, create pivot tables, make charts, design interactive dashboards using Excel.
Power Pivot class shows you how to use Power Pivot (an Excel add-in) to connect to your enterprise databases, analyze data, create advanced reports & prepare dashboards right from familiar interface of Excel.
All these courses are ideal for data analysts, reporting & MIS professionals, business analysts, managers & dashboard makers.
That said, Excel School is suitable for you if you are a beginner or intermediate level user of Excel.
On other hand, Power Pivot course is for you if you are an advanced user of Excel & looking for ways to enhance your skills in data analysis, pivoting & reporting areas.
To Enjoy Excel School: You can be a beginner or intermediate level user with Excel 2007 or above.
To enjoy Power Pivot course: You should be familiar with Excel & Pivot Tables and running at least Excel 2010. You must have Power Pivot installed on your computer.
Topics of this course
- Introduction to Excel 2010 & 2013
- Installation & Set up of Power Pivot
- Creating your first Power Pivot report
- Power Pivot Case Study
- End-user Reporting need analysis
- Creating a data model & refining it
- Using Tables & Structured References
- Using Pivot Tables & Slicers
- SQL Basics
- Power Pivot formulas & DAX
- Complex DAX examples
- Working with time-intelligence
- Disconnected tables & slicers
- Power Pivot Dashboard #1
- Form controls & interactivity
- Charting & Dashboard Theory
- Power Pivot Dashboard #2
- Using Power View in Excel 2013
- Discussion on new features of Power Pivot in 2013
- Hosting & Sharing your Power Pivot workbooks
- Introduction to Excel
- Basic Excel formulas
- Relative vs. Absolute references
- IF, CHOOSE
- SUMIF, COUNTIF, SUMIFS, COUNTIFS
- INDEX, MATCH, OFFSET
- Writing & editing formulas effectively
- Advanced Formulas
- Advanced VLOOKUP
- SMALL, LARGE & Sorting lists using formulas
- ROWS, COLUMNS
- Debugging formulas
- Circular References
- Array formulas
- Awesome Formatting Tips
- Conditional Formatting
- Simple formatting rules
- Formulas in conditional formatting
- Icons, color scales & data bars
- Conditionally Formatting dates
- Creating a gantt chart using CF
- Excel Tables
- Pivot Tables
- Charting Basics
- Selecting right type of chart
- Basic Excel chart types
- Chart formatting – 10 tips
- Bar & Column charts – 4 tips
- Advanced Charting
- Waterfall charts
- Budget vs. Actual charts
- Bullet charts
- Min-Max charts
- In-cell charts
- Timeline charts
- Interactive Charts
- Charts from dynamic range of data
- Using Picture links
- Interactive charts with form controls
- Data Validation & Sorting
- Introduction to Macros & VBA
- Dashboard Theory
- Dashboard Creation Process
- Dashboard design tips & techniques
- Dashboard Tutorials
- Business Dashboard
- KPI Dashboard
- Website Dashboard
- Simple KPI Dashboard
- Employee Vacation Dashboard
- Dashboard with Maps
- Sports Dashboard
- Dashboard on Hui – Visualizing his forum stats
- Guest Lessons & Bonus Content
- Pivot table tricks – by Debra Dalgleish
- Connecting to MS Access from Excel – by Mike Alexander
- Dashboards & Maps – by Robert Mundigl
For Power Pivot Course:
- Rob Collie’s DAX formulas for Power Pivot e-book
- Top 10 DAX formulas – Cheat sheet
- Guest lesson by Rob Collie on “Power Pivot Magic Show”
- Guest lesson by Ken Puls on “Using Power Pivot in Accounting & Finance”
For Excel School Course:
- Excel Formula Cheat sheet
- Important Keyboard shortcuts – Poster
- Designing good charts – eBook
- Master Excel Ribbon – eBook
- Guest lesson by Debra Dalgleish on “Pivot table tricks”
- Guest lesson by Mike Alexander on “Connecting Excel to Access”
- Guest lesson by Robert on “Excel Dashboards & Maps”
You get 3 kinds of benefits from this course.
1. Course Videos
In Excel School:
- 12 modules on Excel & advanced Excel
- 4 modules on Excel dashboards
- 3 Guest modules by Robert Mundigl, Debra Dalgliesh & Mike Alexander
In Power Pivot course:
- 10 Modules on Power Pivot
- 6 Bonus modules on Excel, dashboards & SQL
- Guest module by Rob Collie
- Guest module by Ken Puls
With both Excel School & Power Pivot courses, you get:
- Excel Workbooks & material
- HD Quality videos for download
Apart from this, in Excel School:
- Excel formula cheat sheet
- Frequent Keyboard shortcuts poster
- Chart Design e-book
And in Power Pivot course:
- Rob Collie’s DAX formulas for Power Pivot eBook
- Bonus videos from world’s renowned Power Pivot experts – Rob Collie, Zack Baresse, Ken Puls, Miguel Escobar etc.
3. Online Classroom
Once you join this course, you will be able to access our online classroom with below benefits:
- 12 months access
- View lessons 24×7
- Discuss with classmates
- Ask questions & doubts
- Home work problems
- Course completion certificate
- 30 day money-back guarantee
– John Geiger
Q. Can I upgrade to include Power Pivot or Excel School after joining?
Yes, you can upgrade by paying $217 to include either Power Pivot or Excel School course after joining. You will find upgrade details in the classroom area.
Q. Which version of Excel do I need?
For Excel School course: You need Excel 2007 or above (for Mac users, Excel 2011)
For Power Pivot course: You need Excel 2010 or Excel 2013 Professional Plus or Office 365 with Power Pivot add-in enabled.
Q. Do you have discounts for team enrollments?
Oh yes, we have. Visit team discounts page to know more & enroll with discounted prices.
2. The topics covered are exhaustive
3. Practical examples are taken from various industry
4. There is index on the start of every chapter for the topics covered
5. I received revert for few of my queries and that helped me in my job
6. The download of chapter can be a ready reference for life long
7. The reference website give for more exploration helped to get detail knowledge on topic-Shrikant K
If you have any problem during signup process or still have some un-answered questions, write to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at +1 206 792 9480 or +91 814 262 1090. I will be very glad to answer your questions.
I hope to see you in Power Pivot & Excel School.