So you want a 6 figure data job? In this podcast episode, I am going to share 6 strategies and tactics to land a $100k+ data job.
- My experience of working in a a 6 figure ($100k+) data job
- 6 strategies
- Build wide data skill base
- Cultivate deep technical skills in 1-2 areas
- Develop business & functional knowledge
- Cultivate interpersonal skills & present yourself better
- Strong Interviewing skills
- Focus on L
Listen to this episode
Subscribe to the Show
Want to be an AWESOME DATA ANALYST? Chandoo.org Podcast is the place to go. Learn how to use popular Data Analytics software like Power BI, Excel, SQL and more with your host Chandoo - an award winning author, speaker and YouTuber.
Resources for this podcast episode
In the podcast, I talked about creating a digital wardrobe. My recommended webcam, mic & lights are below:
- Premium webcam: Elgato Facecam. I have been using Elgato Facecam for the last few months and just love it. It produces crisp, HD quality images & videos with almost no effort. Get it from Amazon.
- Budget webcam: If you want a good quality webcam that produces decent video and good light capture, try Logitech c920. This was my primary webcam for more than 4 years and never disappointed me. Get it from Amazon.
- Premium mic: If your job involves a lot of talking, I suggest getting a good mic to enhance your voice quality. I use Blue Yeti Mics for my videos and livestreams and just LOVE them. Get it from Amazon.
- Budget mic: I use the Plantronics Blackwire USB headset on the go and love the voice clarity it produces. Get it from Amazon.
- The best lighting is natural light. So position your seat opposite to a window so that your face is getting natural light at angle. Try using sheer curtains to diffuse the strong direct sunlight.
- Alternatively get a ring light if you work from a dark room or away from windows. I suggest this one on Amazon.