2012 Calendar – Excel Template [Downloads]
Here is a new year gift to all our readers – free 2012 Excel Calendar Template.
This calender has,
- One page full calendar with notes, in 4 different color schemes
- 1 Mini calendar
- Monthly calendar (prints to 12 pages)
- Works for any year, just change year in Full tab.
Download 2012 Calendar – Excel File
We wish you an awesome New Year 2012.
How does this Calendar work?
This is the same file as 2011 calendar with the year changed. So,
- The cell D3 in worksheet Full has the year of calendar. I named this cell as year.
- All the formulas for the calendar are written in the worksheet mini.
- For this calendar, I took inspiration from Daniel’s Live Calendar example (Recommended reading for formula enthusiasts).
- The first step to create a calendar is to generate a sequence of numbers 1 thru 42 (because calendar grid has 42 cells – 7 days per week x 6 weeks max, per month). I used a combination of INDIRECT, OFFSET and COLUMN to get this. The formula is
=COLUMN(OFFSET(INDIRECT("$A$1"),0,0,1,42))-1. I mapped this formula to
- Next step is to find the first date of each month using a simple date formula like
=date(year,month,1). This formula is mapped to named range –
- For given month, the calendar is nothing but
=daysAndWks + DateOfFirst - WEEKDAY(DateOfFirst,2). This formula is mapped to named range –
- Once the mini calendar is ready, I just created 12 named ranges m1_, m2_,…, m12_ corresponding to each of the 12 months.
- Then, I used the same in individual calendar worksheets along with INDEX formulas to fetch the dates.
- Finally, I formatted the calendars nicely. Design of this calendar is similar to that of 2010 calendar & 2009 calendar templates.
Go ahead and enjoy the download. The file is unlocked. So poke around the formulas and named ranges. Learn some Excel.
More Downloads: Download Free Excel Templates
Do you want to be awesome in Excel?
Here is a smart way to become awesome in Excel. Just signup for my Excel newsletter. Every week you will receive an Excel tip, tutorial, template or example delivered to your inbox. What more, as a joining bonus, I am giving away a 25 page eBook containing 95 Excel tips & tricks. Please sign-up below:
Your email address is safe with us. Our policies
More awesome tips for you:
Leave a Reply
|Merry Christmas & Happy New Year 2012||People & Websites that Helped me in 2011 [Thank you message]|