Here is a new year gift to all our readers – free 2012 Excel Calendar Template.
This calender has,
- One page full calendar with notes, in 4 different color schemes
- 1 Mini calendar
- Monthly calendar (prints to 12 pages)
- Works for any year, just change year in Full tab.
Download 2012 Calendar – Excel File
We wish you an awesome New Year 2012.
How does this Calendar work?
This is the same file as 2011 calendar with the year changed. So,
- The cell D3 in worksheet Full has the year of calendar. I named this cell as year.
- All the formulas for the calendar are written in the worksheet mini.
- For this calendar, I took inspiration from Daniel’s Live Calendar example (Recommended reading for formula enthusiasts).
- The first step to create a calendar is to generate a sequence of numbers 1 thru 42 (because calendar grid has 42 cells – 7 days per week x 6 weeks max, per month). I used a combination of INDIRECT, OFFSET and COLUMN to get this. The formula is
=COLUMN(OFFSET(INDIRECT("$A$1"),0,0,1,42))-1. I mapped this formula to
- Next step is to find the first date of each month using a simple date formula like
=date(year,month,1). This formula is mapped to named range –
- For given month, the calendar is nothing but
=daysAndWks + DateOfFirst - WEEKDAY(DateOfFirst,2). This formula is mapped to named range –
- Once the mini calendar is ready, I just created 12 named ranges m1_, m2_,…, m12_ corresponding to each of the 12 months.
- Then, I used the same in individual calendar worksheets along with INDEX formulas to fetch the dates.
- Finally, I formatted the calendars nicely. Design of this calendar is similar to that of 2010 calendar & 2009 calendar templates.
Go ahead and enjoy the download. The file is unlocked. So poke around the formulas and named ranges. Learn some Excel.
More Downloads: Download Free Excel Templates