2011 Calendar – Excel Template [Downloads]
Here is a 2011 new year gift to all our readers – a free 2011 calendar template.
(a little secret: just change the year in worksheet “Full” from 2011 to 2012 to get the next year’s calendar. It works all the way up to year 9999)
You can add notes to individual dates or complete month using the excel template very easily. There are 6 different calendar templates in the download file,
- 4 Yearly Calendar Templates with different color schemes.
- 1 Mini Calendar
- 1 Monthly Calendar (prints in 12 pages)
Download 2011 Excel Calendar Template
Download the Printable 2011 Calendar – in PDF format
How this Calendar works?
Read on if you are curious to know how the formulas are cooked in this calendar…,
- The cell D3 in worksheet Full has the year of calendar. I named this cell as year.
- All the formulas for the calendar are written in the worksheet mini.
- For this year’s calendar, I took inspiration from Daniel’s Live Calendar example (Recommended reading for formula enthusiasts).
- The first step to create a calendar is to generate a sequence of numbers 1 thru 42 (because calendar grid has 42 cells – 7 days per week x 6 weeks max, per month). I used a combination of INDIRECT, OFFSET and COLUMN to get this. The formula is
=COLUMN(OFFSET(INDIRECT("$A$1"),0,0,1,42))-1. I mapped this formula to
- Next step is to find the first date of each month using a simple date formula like
=date(year,month,1). This formula is mapped to named range –
- For given month, the calendar is nothing but
=daysAndWks + DateOfFirst - WEEKDAY(DateOfFirst,2). This formula is mapped to named range – calendar.
- Once the mini calendar is ready, I just created 12 named ranges m1_, m2_,…, m12_ corresponding to each of the 12 months.
- Then, I used the same in individual calendar worksheets along with INDEX formulas to fetch the dates.
- Finally, I formatted the calendars nicely. Design of this calendar is similar to that of 2010 calendar & 2009 calendar templates.
Go ahead and enjoy the download. The file is unlocked. So poke around the formulas and named ranges. Learn some Excel.
More Downloads: Download Free Excel Templates
|Do you use (or make) Excel Dashboards? Tell us about yourself to win a free training kit||How would you Visualize World Education Ranking Data [Homework + Video]|