All articles with 'power maps' Tag
How to get Maps in to Excel charts & dashboards [Master Class]
This is third episode of our Monthly Master Class.
In this one, you will learn how to get maps in to your Excel workbooks. Understand 5 key techniques for making maps based visualizations in Excel – from regular charts to cell grids to VBA to Power Maps, everything is covered in this intense Master Class.Continue »
Analyzing half a million customer complaints – Regional Trends [Part 2 of 3]
This is part two of our three part series on how to analyze half a million customer complaints. Read part 1 here.
Analyzing Regional Trends
As introduced in part 1, our complaints dataset has geographical information too. We know the state & zip code for each complaint. Please note that zip codes are partial or missing for a 10% of the data.
In this article, let’s explore three ways to analyze regional trends.
- Regional trends by state, product & issue
- Complaints per million by state
- Complaints by zip code
CP003: Business Intelligence for Masses – Interview with Mike Alexander
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
In the third session of Chandoo.org podcast, we are going to get BI curious. 😉
Not that kind you silly, We are talking about Business Intelligence, Big Data, Power Pivot & other Power BI family members. In this session, I am happy to feature Mike Alexander – Microsoft MVP, Author, Blogger & a good friend. Mike talks about how Excel is shaping the BI (Business Intelligence) revolution with advent of Power BI functionality.
You will learn,
- Introduction, what Mike is up to these days?
- What is BI, what does it mean to an average Excel analyst?
- What BI capabilities Excel has – brief intro to each of them
- Power Pivot & what it does
- Power Query & why it is important
- Power View & how it works (and where it sucks)
- Power Maps
- How to learn about these new technologies
- Recommended Books
- Live classes
- Special gift for our listeners