Health-care Dashboard in Excel [Dashboard Week]
This post is part of Excel Dashboard Week
As part of Dashboard Week, in this post, we will take a look at Health-care Dashboard prepared and shared by Alberto.
Health-care Dashboard Snapshot:
How is this Dashboard Made? – An Overview:
Alberto put together an excellent dashboard to visualize hospital performance and understand what is going on.
Here is what I like about the dashboard:
- Clear title and ability to select which half-year you want to analyze.
- Subtle colors for non-data elements of the dashboard
- Alerts to highlight focus areas
- Clear and simple to read dashboard. Once you understand how to read the first line, you know how to read the rest.
- Sparklines, Conditional Formatting.
What can be improved in this dashboard?
- Formulas: Alberto used IF formulas to fetch the values for each half-year (semestre). Instead using INDEX or OFFSET would make his job simpler.
- Hardcoded targets: The target values for each metric are hard-coded. Instead, they should be put in a separate table, just like actual data.
- Solid Fill bars: Instead of using gradient fill data bars, it is better to use solid fill bars thru in-cell charts.
How is the dashboard constructed? – An overview Video:
I have made a short video to explain this dashboard to you. Watch it to understand how this dashboard is made and how you can use similar techniques.
Download the Health-care Dashboard Workbook
Click here to download the excel workbook for the Health-care Dashboard.
Thank you Alberto
I am really thankful to Alberto for taking time to share this file with us so we all can learn from his work.
If you enjoy this Dashboard, say thanks to Alberto.
Contribute to Excel Dashboard Week:
Share dashboard tips, snapshots, excel workbooks or links by filling out this simple online form. Go ahead and share what you got so that we all can learn from each other and become awesome.
Learn How to Make Excel Dashboards:
If you wish to learn how to make Excel Dashboards, join my Excel School online training program. We have 4 completed dashboard tutorials that teach you how to make a KPI dashboard, a Sales dashboard, a Business dashboard and a Website dashboard, all using MS Excel.
- How to Display Alert Symbols in Dashboards?
- Using Data-bars and other Conditional Formatting improvements in Excel 2010
- Creating Sparklines in Excel – 7 Alternatives
- Excel Dashboards – Examples, Templates & Information
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Announcing Dashboard Week – Submit your entries now!||Customer Service Dashboard using Excel [Dashword Week] »|