CP015: Handling big data, Controlling model railroad sets, Overcoming Excel obsession & more – ASK CHANDOO
In the 15th session of Chandoo.org podcast, lets answer some of your burning Excel questions.
What is in this session?
Around last week, I invited you to ask me anything. More than 150 people responded to this call and sent in their questions. Since answering all the questions is not possible, I handpicked roughly 10 questions to answer in this episode of Chandoo.org podcast.
In this podcast, you will learn,
- How to fill blank cells with data from above
- How to work with Big data in Excel
- How to combine data from multiple sources & analyze it in Excel
- How I am managing my life after starting Chandoo.org
- How to create and distribute stand-alone Excel products
- How to control a model railroad set using Excel VBA (not fully answered)
- How to control a pivot report with a form control or data validation drop-down
- How to overcome Excel obsession
- How to calculate average of 4 successive numbers
Go ahead and listen to the show
Links & Resources mentioned in this session:
Filling blank cells with values from above:
Here is an article that explains the process in detail.
Controlling pivot tables with form controls + VBA
Calculating average of 4 successive numbers
Here is an example file with solution for this problem.
Formulas & Tricks mentioned in this podcast:
Resources for working with big data / multiple data sets:
Transcript of this session:
So who gets the free 25 Excel tips e-Book?
Every one. Thats right. Since I got many more questions than I could answer, the least I can do is make you awesome in a small way. So here we go.
Read it, use the tips and become awesome.
Subscribe to Chandoo.org Podcast
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Formula Forensics No. 037 – How to Count and Sum Filtered Tables||Become awesome in data analytics, charting & Power Pivot with Houston Masterclass [reminder] »|