How to Paste Numbers Only [quick tip]
Sometimes when you are working with data, you may need to just copy and paste numbers from one range to another. Here is a handy little trick to achieve that.
Use Paste Special > Add operator to paste numbers only.
- Select the source range, press CTRL+C
- Now, go to target range, press ALT+E and then S to activate paste special dialog
- Select “Add” operator (you can press d)
- Click ok.
See this short screen-cast to understand how to do this:
Convert numbers from positive to negative:
- Select and copy a bunch of numbers
- Go to an empty cell, press ALT+E and then S and then S (or choose subtract operator)
- That is all. Your numbers are negated now.
Convert from one currency to another instantly:
- Enter the exchange rate in a cell. Copy it.
- Now select all the cells which needs to be converted.
- Press ALT+E and then S and then select Multiply operator (press m)
- That is all. Your currencies are converted. That will be $2.00 plus 1$ per 100.
Do you use Paste Special? Share your tips:
I love paste special as much as my wife loves pastries. And that is a high praise. What about you? Do you use paste special? Tell me and our readers how you use it. We are all ears.
Here is a chance to be awesome:
Do you want to be awesome in Excel?
Here is a smart way to become awesome in Excel. Just signup for my Excel newsletter. Every week you will receive an Excel tip, tutorial, template or example delivered to your inbox. What more, as a joining bonus, I am giving away a 25 page eBook containing 95 Excel tips & tricks. Please sign-up below:
Your email address is safe with us. Our policies
More awesome tips for you:
Leave a Reply
|Share an excel link and win $14.85 gift card from Amazon||10 things you should know about Excel School|