Sometimes when you are working with data, you may need to just copy and paste numbers from one range to another. Here is a handy little trick to achieve that.
Use Paste Special > Add operator to paste numbers only.
- Select the source range, press CTRL+C
- Now, go to target range, press ALT+E and then S to activate paste special dialog
- Select “Add” operator (you can press d)
- Click ok.
See this short screen-cast to understand how to do this:
Convert numbers from positive to negative:
- Select and copy a bunch of numbers
- Go to an empty cell, press ALT+E and then S and then S (or choose subtract operator)
- That is all. Your numbers are negated now.
Convert from one currency to another instantly:
- Enter the exchange rate in a cell. Copy it.
- Now select all the cells which needs to be converted.
- Press ALT+E and then S and then select Multiply operator (press m)
- That is all. Your currencies are converted. That will be $2.00 plus 1$ per 100.
Do you use Paste Special? Share your tips:
I love paste special as much as my wife loves pastries. And that is a high praise. What about you? Do you use paste special? Tell me and our readers how you use it. We are all ears.
Here is a chance to be awesome:
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Share an excel link and win $14.85 gift card from Amazon||10 things you should know about Excel School »|