Excel Quotation Template [Spreadsheets for Small Business]
Yesterday a nice gentleman, lets call him Bob, emailed me. Bob found my website quite useful and he liked the Excel School program so much that he wants to sign-up 8 of his team-mates for it.
But, Bob works with a Governmental Organization. So, naturally Bob wanted me to send him a quotation so that he can get it approved and signup.
I quickly Googled for a few quotation templates and found nothing too satisfactory. Then, I did what any excel enthusiast would do. I just made a template in Excel in a few minutes and emailed it back to Bob.
Then I thought, heck, why not share it with all the readers of Chandoo.org so that you too can make beautiful quotations, right from Excel. So here you go.
What is in the Excel Quotation Template?
The workbook contains 2 ready to use quotation templates.
- A quotation template for one time work (shown aside)
- A quote template for hourly work like consulting, services or manual work (embedded below):
You can easily modify the template and change values. There are almost no formulas.
Download Free Excel Quotation Template:
- If you use Excel 2007 and above – Download this excel quotation template
- If you use Excel 2003 or below – Download this excel quotation template
How to use Excel Quotation Template?
- Go to the worksheet with the template you prefer.
- Enter the details (like hourly rate, your business name, address, phone number, payment terms etc.)
- Select all the cells and print selection.
- Alternatively convert the quotation to PDF using one of the Excel to PDF methods.
- Email the quote, get new business and be awesome 🙂
Do you use Excel to Prepare Quotations / Estimates?
Like most of the small businesses, I use excel extensively for preparing estimates, quotations and pricing models. However, I do not use excel for invoicing (I use PayPal for that).
What about you? Do you excel for preparing quotations? What kind of templates do you use? Please share using comments.
More Excel Templates for Small Businesses:
PS: I used the sample quote format at ezysoft [PDF] for motivation.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Weighted Average in Excel [Formulas]||Super-mini Quick Update on Excel School »|