Simple Todo List application using Excel – Download and become productive
After seeing Andrew’s simple excel based check-list I got this idea of preparing a simple To-Do list application using excel.
Since most of us use Excel on day to day basis, why not use it as a productivity application as well by keeping track of all the things we must do (TO DO List). When we have finished a task, we can mark it as “Done” in the sheet and it will be removed. See below:
How to use Simple To do List?
- Open the downloaded workbook. It may ask for enabling macros, please say “Yes”
- Start entering your to do tasks in the table. See below:
- Now, leave the spreadsheet here and go get some of the things done!
- When you return mark the items you have finished as done. See below:
- Finally once a day or so, click on the “Remove done items” button. This will remove all the to do list entries with “Done” as the status. Please be aware that once you remove the items you can never get them back. See below:
- That is all, this spreadsheet to do list is soo simple that it leaves you tons of time to actually get some of the things done.
How the Simple To do List works?
The key functionality of this excel based to do list lies in the “remove done items” button. When you click it a VBA macro runs in the background and checks tabular area where you have entered to do items for anything with “done” status. If it finds any, the code will remove those items and move up the remaining ones accordingly. Click here to see the VBA Macro code.
More free excel downloads:
Do you want to be awesome in Excel?
Here is a smart way to become awesome in Excel. Just signup for my Excel newsletter. Every week you will receive an Excel tip, tutorial, template or example delivered to your inbox. What more, as a joining bonus, I am giving away a 25 page eBook containing 95 Excel tips & tricks. Please sign-up below:
Your email address is safe with us. Our policies
Leave a Reply
|Clean up Incorrectly Formatted Phone Numbers using Excel||The Best of Pointy Haired Dilbert : September 2008|