How Francis Landed on Chandoo.org, Become Awesome and Made a Superb Dashboard, all in ONE Weekend
Last week, I received an email from Francis, with the following message.
I would like to express my gratitude for sharing with me using Excel to create dashboard !
I have spend 2 days over the weekend and learn as much as I could and came up with a dashboard for my company Sales and Marketing Meeting !..
Attached is the print screen…
Without you, this is not Possible !!!
Thanks so much !!! The more I learn, the more I know what I dont know !!!
Readers like Francis inspire me most. Despite doing all the work himself, he showed extreme kindness in emailing and making me happy.
Naturally, I replied to him and asked “if he can share original excel file with dummy data so rest of our readers can learn from what he produced.”
Francis agreed for this and shared a version of dashboard with me.
The Travel Site Dashboard Francis Made:
Here is a screenshot of the dashboard Francis made.
Video Review of the Dashboard in Action:
The image doesnt do justice to the awesome work by him. So I made a short video review of the dashboard (6 min). Watch it below:
Techniques used in this Dashboard:
Francis used a variety of techniques in making this dashboard. Some of the important ideas are,
- Using a bullet chart to show current performance vs. last year (tip: making bullet charts in excel)
- Showing a sortable KPI grid to provide on-demand analysis (tutorial: making KPI dashboards in excel)
- Showing key messages as text at the top (idea: use tweetboards instead of dashboards)
- Adding a month selection option at top (formulas: INDEX and OFFSET)
- Dynamic charts that are connected to drop-down boxes (reference: dynamic charts in excel)
How to Make Dashboards in Excel?
Here is our how to make dashboards in excel page. I am sure it will blow your mind. Go check it out.
Download the Dashboard
Thank you Francis
Thank you so much for sharing your awesome work with all of us Francis. You inspire me and our readers to go that extra mile.
Send your tips / downloads for Reader Awesomeness Week:
Leave a Reply
|Immigrants in Denmark – An Excel Infographic||12 Rules for Making Better Spreadsheets|