Take a minute and pat yourself on the back. This is an achievement because of you. Go ahead, I am waiting.
Ok, enough patting. Time for some gifts and fun.
We have 2 contests to celebrate the occasion. This is the first one. I will announce the second contest tomorrow.
Twitter formula contest.. What?
It is as simple as leaving a twitter. All you have to do is write a formula less than 140 characters and tweet it. It could be a complex array formula to solve the world hunger, or just a regular vlookup with wild card search.
Just follow these guidelines:
- The formula should be self explanatory
- Or the formula should be short so that you can squeeze the explanation in the tweet itself
- Either include @r1c1 in the tweet or post the permalink to your tweet in the comments. Otherwise I cant locate your tweet and hence you wont get the prizes
- Dont post formulas that are way simple like sum(1,2,3)
- Finally, if you don’t have a twitter account, you can post your formula in the comments. Character count still remains.
- You can post as many tweets as you want.
- Winners will be selected randomly. So post anything as long as it is good.
- The contest is closes on 15th August midnight (at where I sleep)
What are the prizes?
There are two prizes.
Andreas, who owns the company has been kind enough to sponsor this prize. The dashboard bundle includes two kickass products from BonaVista systems – Excel Microcharts and Chart Tamer [My review of chart tamer here].
This prize is worth $200.
Excel 2007 Formulas by John Walkenbach
J Walk, who probably authored a zillion excel books provides a complete reference of Excel 2007 formulas in this wonderful book. The book is a must have for both excel beginners and more advanced users. And it is just a tweet away to become yours.
This prize is worth $28.
Leave a comment or tweet me @r1c1.
Good, what are you waiting for then? Get tweeting.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Are you excited about this twitter chart?||The funnest way to learn excel formulas »|