Today I want to share an Employee Shift Calendar Template with you. You can use this template to keep track of shift timings on various days.
See a demo of the template:
How does this template work?
This template uses a 3 main ideas,
- Excel formulas to create the calendar & checking for a day’s shift
- Conditional formatting to highlight a date in different color based on shift
- Scroll-bar form control to change the month
Here is a brief illustration explaining how this template works:
For more information on these techniques visit,
- Building a Calendar in Excel
- VLOOKUP formula – Introduction & uses
- Conditional formatting – Introduction & tutorial
- Form Controls in Excel – What are they and how to use them?
- Range lookup in Excel – how to write formulas?
Download Excel Template for Employee Shift Tracking & Shift Calendar
Go ahead and play with the file to learn more.
How to use this template?
I made a short video explaining this template and how to use it. See it below (or on our YouTube Channel).
Do you like this template?
I like the challenge of building this template. It nicely integrates 3 powerful ideas – date formulas, conditional formatting & form controls to create a concise tracker to manage employee shift data.
What about you? Did you like this template? How are you planning to use it? Please share using comments.
More templates & downloads
We got more templates to make you awesome!!! Go ahead and try these and impress someone.
- New year resolutions template in Excel
- Holiday (Vacation) Request Form Template
- Free 2011 Calendar Template (secret: works for any year too)
- Annual Goal Tracker Template
- Expense Trackers
- Project Management Templates [for sale]
PS: Thanks to Denice, who emailed me and asked for this template.