While feeding the babies last night, I had this idea. Why not make an excel sheet where you can keep track of the baby’s feeding and sleeping activities on day to day basis. It would probably help you understand your baby’s needs better and may be give you some insights.
Here is a baby feeding chart (or baby feeding journal) I have prepared:
How is the Baby Feeding Chart Made?
- Make a grid of 365 x24 cells
- In each cell, Enter letter “F” if your baby is fed in that hour, “S” for sleeping, “P” for playing and “C” for crying.
- Go check on your baby, see if the nappy needs a change.
- Comeback and apply some conditional formatting to highlight the cell in different color for each of the activities.
- That is all. Your baby feeding chart is ready.
Download the baby feeding chart Excel
Do you find the baby feeding chart useful?
We are not finding time to sleep with both the babies keeping us busy all the time. So I don’t think Jo is all excited to use this feeding journal. But may be you can find it useful. Do tell me if you find this useful.