Visualize Excel Salary Data & You could win XBOX 360 + Kinect Bundle [Contest]
Its contest time again! Put on your creative hats & bring your Excel skills to the game.
Analyze more than 1900 survey responses & present your results in a stunning fashion, and you could walk away with an XBOX 360 + Kinect Sports Bundle (valued at $299).
Sounds interesting? Read on.
- Step 1: Download Excel Salary Survey raw data.
- Step 2: Analyze it and present your analysis using Excel charts (refer to rules below)
- Step 3: Submit your output by end of 6th of July (Friday)
- Step 4: If your output is mind-blowingly awesome, you could win XBOX 360 + Kinect Bundle
Goals for analysis:
While you are free to analyze the data in any way, your output must meet these goals
- Help us understand how much Excel professionals make all over the world
- Help us understand relationship between salary and role, experience, country & hours of Excel work.
How to send your entries
Once you are ready to send your entry,
- Check the rules (below) and make sure you have followed all of them.
- Email your workbooks to chandoo.d @ gmail.com with subject “Salary Survey Contest“
- Please include your name & best email address(es) so that we can reach you if there is any clarification needed.
- Please send in your entries before end of 6th July (Friday).
- You can make a dashboard or 1 page report
- You can make several individual charts (or tables) too as long as they all fit in to one window.
- You can make interactive or static charts
- You can also use VBA to add interaction to the charts.
- Even though you can use add-ins to make your report, user should be able to view your output without installing any add-ins
- You can use Excel 2010, 2007 or 2003. Please note that this contest requires use of Excel.
- You can submit more than one entry.
- Your files must be unlocked & any macros you use must have enough comments so that others can learn.
- You can add data to this dataset (for example, PPP adjusted salaries, established salary benchmarks from public sources like govt. databases or websites)
The winner of this contest will receive 1 XBOX 360 (4GB) + Kinect Sports bundle (valued $299).
We have 2 consolation prizes too. For the 2nd best entry, you get a Amazon Kindle Fire
and for 3rd best entry, you get a Kindle Touch ($99 option).
So there you go. 3 gorgeous gadgets up for grabs.
Note: Since prizes are delivered thru Amazon.com, in case they cannot ship the item to your location, you will be offered $ amount.
How do we pick the winners?
Once all the entries are received, then we will open voting.
- All entries will be published on Chandoo.org and you can vote for winner.
- A panel of judges (names to be revealed later) will also vote. Judges votes carry higher weight.
- The entries with highest votes will be winners.
PS: If we get a lot of entries, we may eliminate a few during voting stage.
So what are you waiting for?
Go ahead and download the data. Start exploring and share your results with us.
Need some inspiration?
Check out past contest result pages to get some inspiration.
- Sales Dashboard Contest – 32 entries
- Personal Expense Trackers – 7 entries
- Sales Analysis Chart – 78 entries
- Budget vs. Actual Charts – 14 entries
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« My Australian Experience [Personal]||Extract Numbers from Text using Excel VBA [Video] »|