Whenever you have a dashboard that is quite long or spans across multiple worksheet tabs, it can be hard to use. Here is a simple trick to make your dashboards user friendly.
If your dashboard has form controls, create duplicate sets of them and place them in locations where users are looking.
For example, If your dashboard has an option to select product category at the top, you can copy paste the category form control at the bottom too.
For more explanation on this technique, watch below video:
You may watch this video on our YouTube Channel too.
Download Example Workbook
Please click here to download example dashboard for this lesson.
Other ideas to make your dashboards awesome:
- Never use simple numbers in your dashboards
- Place all vital information in golden triangles
- Show alerts & warning icons in dashboards with conditional formatting
- Add text narrative to your dashboards – case study
- Use shapes to enhance dashboards & charts
- Process & explanation – how to create awesome dashboards – podcast
How do you make your dashboards awesome?
What little tricks & hacks you use to make your dashboards user friendly & awesome? Please share your tips in the comments section.