CP014: How to create awesome dashboards – 10 step process for you
In the 14th session of Chandoo.org podcast, lets figure out how to make awesome dashboards.
What is in this session?
Excel dashboards are much in demand these days, thanks to advancements in Excel & growing pressure on costs. Now a days, analysts & managers are expected to quickly put together a dashboard using Excel. But how do you make a dashboard? What process you should follow? These are the questions we address in this podcast.
In this podcast, you will learn,
- Announcements about upcoming dashboard classes
- Ten step process for creating awesome dashboards
- 1. Talk to your end users
- 2. Make a sketch of the dashboard
- 3. Validate your understanding
- 4. Collect data
- 5. Structure the data
Go ahead and listen to the show
Links & Resources mentioned in this session:
Excelapalooza Excel conference:
Advanced Excel, Dashboards & Power Pivot Masterclass:
Creating Dashboards – complete tutorials:
- Creating a KPI Dashboard – 6 part tutorial
- Customer service dashboard using Excel
- Employee vacation tracker dashboard
- More tutorials, examples & information about dashboards
Dashboard Examples & Inspiration:
- 49 dashboards on State to state migration in USA
- 66 dashboards visualizing salaries of Excel professionals
- 32 sales dashboards
- 78 Sales analytic charts & dashboards
- More dashboard examples & case studies
Creating Dynamic Charts:
Transcript of this session:
What process do you follow to create dashboards?
I have been following this 10 step process for the last 8 years with great success. Not only this process is easy to follow, but also it reduces the scope of errors significantly.
So what about you?What process do you follow when creating dashboards? Please share your thoughts & experiences using comments.
Subscribe to Chandoo.org Podcast
Leave a Reply
|Come join me at Excelapalooza conference in Dallas or Masterclass at Houston this September||Here is a simple solution to your forgetful, leaky brian – “Just put it in a spreadsheet”|