Create in-cell pie charts in Excel
Here is a ridiculously easy trick to do nice incell pie charts in excel, what more, they will make you look like a charting wizard.
- Download free pie chart font from here (direct download link). The font has 21 pie chart codes starting with empty circle (character ‘a’) and ending with full circle (character ‘u’)
- Install the font (just extract the zip file, copy the font file to your fonts folder, click here to learn how to install a font in windows)
- Open excel, go to your data table and insert a column where you want incell pie charts
- Enter a formula like
=CHAR(CODE("a") + ROUND(data cell*21,1)), just replace the data cell with actual cell code.
- Finally change the font to “pie charts for maps” from font dialog.
- There is no step 6, so go ahead and show off this cool table to your colleagues, make their jaws drop in awe.
You can add some conditional formatting to the pie charts like I did to make it nice.
Feel free to download the sample excel I have prepared to know how to do in-cell pie charts
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« on vlookup()||Dhoni sizzles in Tamilified ads »|