What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- Quick announcement about Awesome August
- 6 charts you should avoid
- 3D charts
- Pie / donut charts with too many slices
- Too much data
- Over formatting
- Complex charts
- Charts that don’t tell a story
Listen to this session
Learn more about which charts to avoid, which ones to make
On Pie charts:
Here is an ugly, clumsy pie chart to prove the point. [ Source: Bill the Lizard ]
On making charts when you have too much data:
- Panel charts (or small multiples) in Excel
- Panel Chart case study – Survey results visualized
- Avoid Gangnam styles
- Impressing your boss with Excel charts – 6 step road map for you – podcast session 029
Transcript of this session:
Do you create any of these charts? Share your story
As a fresh analyst, I created all of these 6 charts. But I quickly realized that each time I made a 3D pie chart, I am selling a small piece of my soul to the devil. So I atoned my sins by scattering everywhere and visiting lots of bars. 😉
What about you? Have you ever created any of these charts? What did your users say when they saw these charts? Share your story in the comments.
Note: This is a part of Awesome August Excel festival.