It is no secret that our readers are awesome. We have tons of creative, passionate & caring members in our community who just kick ass day in day out. Look at the comments in any post and you are going to find amazing display of skill, intelligence and mastery of Excel craft. To celebrate all this, we are going to dedicate this week (August 2nd thru 6th) as Reader Awesomeness Week.
What is Reader Awesomeness Week?
Through out this week, I am going to share excel workbooks, ideas, tips & tricks that our readers have submitted to me. First 3 days (Tuesday thru Thursday) I will be posting the following contributions I already received thru Email.
- Immigrants in Denmark – An info-graphic poster made in Excel by Faheem
- Travel Site Dashboard by Francis
- Rules for Making Better Models in Excel by Larry
On Friday, I will be posting all the tips, downloads submitted by you.
How I can Participate in RAW?
You have 3 ways to be awesome this week.
- Submit a tip
- Submit a downloadable workbook
- Submit anything else
Just go to this online form and fill up the details.
Are there any rules?
We, at Chandoo.org hate to be pedantic. But since, many of you are going to email and ask “is xxx ok?”, I am listing a few general rules:
- No personal / sensitive data: Make sure you randomize the data in your files and remove all personal data.
- Upload your work to a public site: Use a site like skydrive, rapidshare or google docs to upload your excel files or images. Then share the url.
- Be descriptive: Elaborate your tip so that it is clear for rest of us.
- Tell us your story: Dont just tell the tip, tell how you used it to be awesome. I want to know you and how you work.
- Repetition is OK: You can repeat an existing tip / idea on Chandoo.org as long as you add a new twist, new implementation to it.
- Copying is NOT OK: Do not copy others work or paste stuff from elsewhere.
Go on be awesome 🙂
Go ahead, contribute to Reader Awesomeness Week and show us how generous you are. Share your tips / downloads today.
If you cannot access the form:
- Leave a comment on this post
- or Email me your tip / story / workbook.
PS: Regular broadcast will be on hold this week. But I promise you the content you read this week is going to be much more better than what I write 🙂