An Excel Hero indeed [blog recommendation]
Today, I want to introduce an excel hero to you. He may not be wearing red cape or carrying latest ninja weaponry with him. But he is a hero. He can arm twist toughest sets of data to create beautiful (almost art like) charts or animations. He can a complex vba model and make it look lean, mean and clean.
Today, I want to introduce Daniel Ferry to you. I have been reading Daniel’s Excel Hero blog for the last few months. He writes a lot about advanced charting & vba and uses the blog to showcase how he plays with excel. The blog is true to its name and displays some of the most sophisticated excel trickery I have ever seen.
Here are a few examples of his outstanding work:
- An Excel Chess Game Viewer: In this beautiful animated chart, Daniel visualizes one of the popular chess games.
- NFL Drive Chart: A colorful animated chart showing an NFL game, step by step.
- Multi-threaded VBA: Discussion on techniques and approach to creating multiple threads thru VBA.
- Understanding Excel’s IF formula: an indepth view of excel’s if formula and faster alternatives to it.
- Celtic Muse: a fantastic animated chart showing Celtic muse art form in 78000 tiles… 😮
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Understanding Backstage view in Excel 2010||Display Alerts in Dashboards to Grab User Attention [Quick Tip] »|