Create in-cell pie charts in Excel
Here is a ridiculously easy trick to do nice incell pie charts in excel, what more, they will make you look like a charting wizard.
- Download free pie chart font from here (direct download link). The font has 21 pie chart codes starting with empty circle (character ‘a’) and ending with full circle (character ‘u’)
- Install the font (just extract the zip file, copy the font file to your fonts folder, click here to learn how to install a font in windows)
- Open excel, go to your data table and insert a column where you want incell pie charts
- Enter a formula like
=CHAR(CODE("a") + ROUND(data cell*21,1)), just replace the data cell with actual cell code.
- Finally change the font to “pie charts for maps” from font dialog.
- There is no step 6, so go ahead and show off this cool table to your colleagues, make their jaws drop in awe.
You can add some conditional formatting to the pie charts like I did to make it nice.
Feel free to download the sample excel I have prepared to know how to do in-cell pie charts
Sign-up for our FREE Excel tips newsletter:
Here is a smart way to become awesome in Excel. Just signup for my FREE Excel tips newsletter. Every week you will receive an Excel tip, tutorial, template or example delivered to your inbox. What more, as a joining bonus, I am giving away a 25 page eBook containing 95 Excel tips & tricks. Please sign-up below:
Your email address is safe with us. Our policies
Leave a Reply
|on vlookup()||Dhoni sizzles in Tamilified ads|