When I published the comprehensive list of excel shortcuts few weeks back, I thought I had them all. Boy, I was wrong. I am pleasantly surprised to find a new shortcut, one that takes away my manic mouse scrolling in one feel swoop. Often, when I am working with large tables of data, I scroll down or right and want to get back to active cell. This is where CTRL+Back Space is very useful. It will bring you back to active cell.
Other keys you can use to quickly jump around:
- Use CTRL+Arrow keys to last cells in the direction of arrow (if you have blanks in between, you go to the cell before blank)
- Press CTRL+G and type the address of a cell you want to go to
- Use CTRL+Page Dn, Page Up to access next and previous sheets
- CTRL+Tab, CTRL+SHIFT+Tab to access next and previous workbooks
- More navigation shortcuts
What are your favorite shortcuts for navigation?
Learning how to navigate with keyboard alone can be a huge time saver. I would love to know what shortcuts you use to navigate faster when you are working with excel sheets. Please share your tips using comments.