Thank you and Excel, We have a new car
Hi friends, readers & fans of Chandoo.org,
I want to share a happy news with you all.
On Saturday (1st of February), we bought a new car. It is Toyota Innova. Pictures below (click to enlarge.)
Thank you & Excel
Before I tell you why I bought another car or how it is, first let me tell you this – Thank you. You constantly inspire me to learn more and share my knowledge. You support my little business in numerous ways – by joining our courses, purchasing our templates and recommending our site. With out your support and love, I would not even thought about buying a comfortable and lovely car like this. Thank you.
And I want to thank Microsoft Excel too. It is the reason why today my family is living a happy, healthy and peaceful life. Thank you Excel.
Why another car?
Long time readers of Chandoo.org remember that we already have a car. And if you know me, you know that I like to consume less and lead a frugal life. So adding another car to our family seemed like a conflicting choice. But we (my wife Jo & I) rationalized this by,
- Our current car doesn’t have any security features (no airbags, ABS etc.) So when we go on long drives, we have this nagging thoughts in our minds.
- Our current car is good for 4 people. As we frequently travel with other family members or friends, going out became an exercise in human squeezing.
- Driving Alto is fun, but driving it for anything more than an hour proved to a back-breaking punishment.
After spending few weeks short-listing car models, we narrowed down to our choice to Toyota Innova. Almost everyone we asked said, ‘Get Innova, it is boringly reliable’. It matched our expectations.
A little more about our car
- Our car is Innova ZX variant.
- It can seat 7 people (2,2 and 3)
- It has good safety features (2 airbags, ABS etc.)
- It drives like a car instead of MPV. Very convenient and comfortable.
- It has all the features you would expect in a car of this size.
- We paid roughly Rs. 1,800,000 (US $28,000) for this. No loan of course (I do not like buying things that I cannot afford.)
Thank you once again
Almost everyday I wake up with a smile, spend the day learning, feeling passionate about my work and go to sleep thinking nothing but how fortunate and blessed my family & I are. All thanks to you. Thanks to your kind support, generous attitude and love for learning, we have a home, car and all the comforts anyone can ask for. Thank you.
And thank you Microsoft & Excel for making my life exciting every day.
More personal stories:
- Story of Chandoo.org startup
- How Excel transformed my life (1 year of running a business)
- Thank you, we have a home
- Thank you, we have a car
- Being a dad for 3 years
- More personal stories and experiences
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« How to select a random sample from all your data [trick]||Combine pie and xy scatter charts – World Polls chart revisited »|