Thank you (and thank you Excel), We have a Car!
Last time I posted something on a weekend was almost a few years ago. I am making a rare exception to share a joyous news with all of you.
We bought our first car yesterday. It is a Maruti Suzuki Alto (link). See the picture below:
Ever since we became parents in September last year, the question of car was in our minds. There is no way we can bike with all 4. But few things bothered me,
- We are against loans and we wanted to buy our car on all cash.
- Since I started my own company, spending cash on car seemed dangerous.
- We wanted a car that serves our basic needs, nothing too fancy.
That was back in September 2009. Since then, we have been saving for a car. Thanks to Excel School, Project Management Templates, By June 2nd week, we have accumulated enough buffer to purchase a car.
Then we looked around for models and makes. Suddenly everything became a blur. But thankfully we didn’t get lost. We choose a very basic model made by one of the largest car manufacturers in the world – Maruti Suzuki. The model, Alto, seemed to be everywhere on roads. We went ahead and booked it last week. We got it home yesterday.
- It can seat 4 people comfortably, 5 not so.
- The gears are manual, but the steering is power.
- It has A/C and a music system.
- We paid INR 3,40,000 (roughly US $7,300) for it, all on cash, no loan 🙂
- And of course, I don’t know how to drive!!!
Thank you so much for supporting me and my business all along. You inspire me everyday to be a better person and better businessman.
And of course, I should thank Excel too. It has changed me life.
Now, go have a good weekend, I need to figure out how to change from neutral to first gear without having the engine die.
PS: People who have been reading me since 2008 would point that this is indeed not my first car. Well, it is sort of, the camry was bought in US and sold.
Leave a Reply
|A Gantt Chart Alternative – Gantt Box Chart||Gantt Box Chart Tutorial & Template – Download and Try today|