How are you? I want to say hello and check in with you in these strange and scary times.
How are we…
Jo, kids, Excel (our dog) and I are doing well. New Zealand has announced lock-down measures today. So no school for kids, no office for Jo from tomorrow. As usual, I work from home all the time, so I have been theoretically in isolation since we came from our holiday to India in January.
My mom, in-laws and immediate family living India (and other parts of world) are also well and following necessary precautions advised by local governments.
How I am staying well…
There is a lot of anxiety and stress associated with things like this. I am trying to stay positive and thankful. Here are a few things I am trying:
- Draw: I have always been a doodler. But in the last few months I have been actively drawing. I stocked up on a few drawing supplies (pencils, oil pastels and such) a week ago and now trying to draw everyday. Here is an oil pastel drawing I made last night (after watching some tutorials on Art Arena channel).
- Exercise: I have been regularly exercising for last 18 months. I am not stopping now. Although gyms are now closed, Jo & I workout in our garage with a few weights. I recently purchased a door-frame pull-up bar (something like this) to strengthen my back. It has already helped me get up to 8/10 pull-ups per set range.
- Eat well: For almost a decade now, we have been eating healthy. There is no change in that now. With the added benefit of restaurant closures in NZ, now there is less temptation to eat out (although I will greatly miss the amazing Wellington coffee).
- Creating: I am trying to create more content (videos on my YouTube channel, blog posts and even a new online course) to stay productive and motivated. I will post often for next few months to help you learn and shine.
- Spend less: I have been an advocate of spending less all my life. We (Jo & I) reviewed our budget during the weekend and it felt reassuring to know that we spend way less than we make.
Excel Summit update…
- The Global Excel Summit 2020 has now been postponed. New dates (and mode of the conference) will be announced later. Needless to say, I won’t be going to London or anywhere else for some time.
Stay safe and away…
I wish you all the best in these tough times. Please take care yourself and those who depend on you. Thanks for stopping and reading this. 🙂
6 Responses to “A quick personal update”
Thank you for the personal update. It was quite encouraging and a breath of fresh air in my Inbox. Take care and stay safe.
Virus obstructs lungs with thick mucus that solidifies.
Consume lot hot liquids like tea, soup, and sip of hot liquid every 20 min
Gargle w antiseptic of lemon, vinegar, & hot water daily
It attaches to hair/clothes detergent kills it, when come from st go straight shower
Hang dirty clothes in sunlight/cold overnight or wash immediately.
Wash metal surfaces as it can live on them 9 days
Do not touch hand rails
Do not smoke
Wash hands foaming 20 sec every 20 min
Eat fruit/veg and up zinc levels.
Animals do not spread it
Avoid common flu
Avoid eat/drink cold things
If feel sore throat do above immediate as virus is there 3-4 days before descends into lungs
Would love help with my database mgt in excel.
Thanks for being thoughtful of us.
BTW How do you track your expenses/income in excel? Can you share the worksheet please.
Stay safe you and your family, best wishes.
Thanks for the update and happy to know that you and family are doing good. A 21 day lockdown has now been announced in India (I live around Kolkata) so it's uncertain times ahead. I check up on your wonderful articles often and will do so even more regularly now. Stay safe and God bless.
Hi from Argentina, I follow you for a lot of years now. We here are in a quarantine for 2 or 3 weeks, because the pandemia.
Excel is also my passion and I came here looking for a Num2Words formula, but in spanish. If anyone have it, please let me know.
La Rioja - Argentina
I'm glad to have your personal update. I'm from India & following you for so many years. Cheers to have any further personal update.