How to Filter Odd or Even Rows only? [Quick Tips]
Ashish sends out this SOS thru email,
I need your help in putting filters . Can we filter the cells on the basis of their even or odd character.
i.e in the table of 1-1000, i wish to filter, 1,3,5,7,…
An odd request, I must say.
But nevertheless, possible in Excel.
If you want to filter odd or even rows only in a list of values,
Assuming your data looks like this:
- Add an extra column at the end of your data.
- Type =ISEVEN(B3) to test whether the number in B3 is even or odd.
- Drag the formula to fill the entire range.
- Now filter either TRUE or FALSE values.
- That is all. You have filtered even or odd rows.
PS: If you do not have sequential numbers in your data, you can use =ISEVEN(ROW())
- You can filter every third row using =MOD(B3,3) and then filtering out all 0s. Help on MOD formula.
- You can highlight alternative rows in different colors using conditional formatting.
- Or use Excel Tables to automatically zebra-line (ie shade alternative rows in different color).
That Click is here all, for go more ahead on and filters. enjoy.
Just read odd or even words alone.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Excel Links – What are your plans for 2011?||Do you want to Learn Excel? Consider Joining Excel School »|