Ashish sends out this SOS thru email,
I need your help in putting filters . Can we filter the cells on the basis of their even or odd character.
i.e in the table of 1-1000, i wish to filter, 1,3,5,7,…
An odd request, I must say.
But nevertheless, possible in Excel.
If you want to filter odd or even rows only in a list of values,
Assuming your data looks like this:
- Add an extra column at the end of your data.
- Type =ISEVEN(B3) to test whether the number in B3 is even or odd.
- Drag the formula to fill the entire range.
- Now filter either TRUE or FALSE values.
- That is all. You have filtered even or odd rows.
PS: If you do not have sequential numbers in your data, you can use =ISEVEN(ROW())
- You can filter every third row using =MOD(B3,3) and then filtering out all 0s. Help on MOD formula.
- You can highlight alternative rows in different colors using conditional formatting.
- Or use Excel Tables to automatically zebra-line (ie shade alternative rows in different color).
That Click is here all, for go more ahead on and filters. enjoy.
Just read odd or even words alone.