Tell us what you would like to learn in our Excel for PMs course [Survey]
Few days ago, we announced about our upcoming Excel for PMs course (here). Quite a few of emailed me and told that you are looking forward for this.
Today I want to share our preliminary agenda for this course and take your help in fine-tuning it.
Here is the rough course agenda
We have designed this course based on the programs both I and Paramdeep ran in various companies. We have tried to keep it intense, useful & easy to digest.
This course currently has 3 modules.
- Module1: Project Planning & Estimation
- Estimating an IT Services Project
- Planning for Projects using MS Excel (Gantt Charts, Work Break-down Structures)
- Budgeting & Forecasting for Projects
- Estimating Project Break-even
- Module 2: Tracking a Project
- Keeping Track of Resources
- Tracking & Monitoring Project Risk, Risk Analysis
- Tracking Project Expenses
- Tracking Project Changes
- Tracking Issues, To do items & more
- Module 3: Project Reporting
- Commercial Analysis of a Project
- Project Scope Burn-down, Project Timelines Reporting
- Project Status Reports
- Project Status Dashboard
We are also planning for a bonus module to help you understand certain things.
- Bonus Material
- Introduction to Financial Concepts
- Estimation in Other Industries
- Excel Concepts – Conditional Formatting, Tables & Formulas for PMs
Your help needed…
Although we ran quite a few training programs on Project Management, We want to make sure the Excel for PMs course makes you an awesome project manager. Hence, we need your help in fine tuning this course agenda. Just take a few minutes and tell us,
- What additional topics we should cover?
- How long this course should be? (we are planning to do it for 18 hours)
Go ahead and share your views
Please go ahead and leave a comment with your answers for above questions. I really appreciate your help in designing the best possible Excel for PMs course.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Excel Links – After a long time edition||Compare 2 Lists Visually and Highlight Matches »|