In the 38th session of Chandoo.org podcast, Let’s optimize data to ink ratio of your charts.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- What is Data to Ink Ratio?
- Obvious ways to optimize Data to Ink Ratio
- More ways to optimize Data to Ink ratio
- Highlighting what is important
Listen to this session
Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | RSS
Click here to download the MP3 file.
Links & Resources mentioned in this podcast
Recommended Books for creating better charts:
- Information Dashboard Design by Stephen Few
- Visual Display of Quantitative Information by Edward Tufte
Optimizing data to ink ratio – Charting case studies
- Closing gaps in gender equality chart
- Why 3D pie charts are evil…
- Visualizing world education rankings
Techniques for highlighting what is important
- Display alerts in dashboards to grab user attention
- Adding meaning titles & legends to charts
- Never show simple numbers in your dashboards
Invitation to “Becoming a better analyst” Webinar
As mentioned in the podcast, I am running my first ever webinar on Wednesday, July 15th – 2015 (2PM EST). The topic is “How to become a BETTER analyst?”
Please click here to register for the webinar & become a better analyst.
Transcript of this session:
Download this podcast transcript [PDF]
How do you optimize Data to Ink Ratio?
What about you? Do you worry about data to ink ratio when making charts? How do you optimize it? Do you have a process for it? Please share your tips by posting a comment.
4 Responses to “CP038: Data to Ink Ratio – What is it, How to optimize it, Techniques & Discussion”
Hi Chandoo. This is one of the most important things to consider when presenting information to managers and clients. I'm glad you covered it.
Hi Chandoo. Where to get the webinar (which happened on 15th July, 2015)?
Hi Chandoo. Where to get the webinar recording (which happened on 15th July, 2015)?
Hi Shoyeb, Visit http://chandoo.org/wp/resources/webinar-replay/