CP053: Excel Data Validation for Dummies
In the 53rd session of Chandoo.org podcast, let’s talk about data validation.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- What is data validation
- How Excel DV compares with database & software DV?
- Types of data validation rules
- List & custom rules explained
- Input & error messages
- Alternatives to data validation
- Enhancing data validation
- Removing data validation rules
- Homework problem for you
- Resources & show notes
Listen to this session
Resources for this podcast
- Excel basics: How to add drop down box data validation rules?
- Either-or condition as validation rule
- Making data validations dynamic
- VLOOKUP + Data validation = magic
- Copy data validations using Paste Special, Remove them with Paste Special
Advanced validation examples:
- Advanced data validation techniques (custom rules)
- Unsorted, duplicate column as source
- Mix conditional formatting with DV for awesome results
Data validation in play – case studies:
Data validation home work – your answer
Did you get the answer for homework? Please post your answers / explanations in the comments section.
Do you want to be awesome in Excel?
Here is a smart way to become awesome in Excel. Just signup for my Excel newsletter. Every week you will receive an Excel tip, tutorial, template or example delivered to your inbox. What more, as a joining bonus, I am giving away a 25 page eBook containing 95 Excel tips & tricks. Please sign-up below:
Your email address is safe with us. Our policies
Leave a Reply
|Unpivot and then pivot for clarity (case study)||How to create animated charts in Power Point [VBA]|