I have a happy news to share with you!!!
For the first time since starting this website, we got 500,000 + page views in the month of September 2010. Half-a-million!
Thank you so much.
To put this in context, in Sept 2009, we got 245,000 views. Traffic grew by more than 100% in last 12 months.
And the 340 students who signed up for excel school 3rd batch put a cherry on top with strong revenues.
I just want to take a minute and say how much I am thankful to you. Each day, you inspire me to learn new things about Excel. Your quest for knowledge keeps me motivated. I am fortunate to have found you, my dear reader, to share what I know and learn from you thru comments, emails, forum discussions, phone calls and tweets.
2 Bonus Excel Tips
Of course, I wouldn’t want a Friday to be wasted in silly navel gazing at website stats. So, I have 2 excel tips for you.
1. How to show numbers in millions?
- Simple. Select the cell(s) with numbers in them.
- Hit CTRL+1 (or goto format cells)
- Now, from number tab, select custom.
- Use the format code ,,0.0 ” mn” to show values in millions. For eg. 1,500,000 would show up as 1.5 mn.
2. How to show values in millions in charts?
- Select value axis of chart and hit CTRL+1 (or go to format axis)
- Set the option “display values as” to Millions and you are done!
Thank you once again. You have a beautiful weekend.