PHD Gets a Facelift (again)
Folks, I have an announcement for you. Our little site, Pointy Haired Dilbert got yet another face lift. Over the weekend, I have made some changes to the site layout and navigation to make it better.
The key changes are,
- On archive pages (that is category, tag and monthly pages) you can see 15 posts per page in a grid fashion. The post title, an image (if any) along with number of comments on that post are shown. This should be an easier way to deep dive in to the site and find interesting stuff to learn. Here are few example pages – quick tips page, Most popular articles on PHD or Charting Principles.
- On Home page, you now see the featured post prominently in a box. It takes less space and stands out from rest.
- The search bar on top is now very obvious. In case you are on PHD and want to find something, just enter the search keywords and let the google find right articles for you.
- The side bar navigation is awesomeified. We now have 3 boxes, one for “excel beginners”, one for “advanced excel” and one for “archives and resources” with less number of links to important landing pages on the site.
- We have an all new books store – that is right fellas, I have created a simple amazon store where you can purchase some of the excel / charting / powerpoint books recommended by me. Check out the store here.
Go take a look at the new site here. Deep dive in to one or two pages.
Please do me a favor
Please take a minute and drop me a comment telling what you think about,
- Site navigation
- Ability to find right information
- How you felt as a new visitor to the site – what turned you on / off?
- How we can make this place better, warmer, fuzzier and awesomer?
Thank you in advance.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Excel Links of the week [After a long time edition]||What is Excel SUMPRODUCT formula and how to use it? »|