Remember Excel School? It was all I talked about between Jan last week and middle of Feb. Then as if someone has pressed mute button, there was not even a single mention about the school. So I thought, why not give you all an update on Excel School and tell you how the classes are going.
Some stats about the program:
- A total of 147 students signed up for the program.
- 3 Students dropped out for various reasons.
- Out of total 12 weeks, we have finished 8 weeks of lessons now.
- We have covered extensively on topics like excel formulas, charting, conditional formatting, formatting, tables and pivot tables until now. We also did a class project.
- In the next 4 weeks we will be talking about data validation, filters, importing data, advanced formulas, macros and do another class project.
- There were a total of 25 lessons, with roughly 800 minutes of video lessons and several downloadable excel workbooks.
- A total of 219 comments were posted by students discussing lesson topics, asking questions and doubts.
What is the student feedback?
While it is a little early, I am very happy to tell you that students are really enjoying Excel School and have been liking what is shared so far. Some encouraging comments I have received are,
My thoughts on the program so far,
To be frank I was *very* nervous when I closed the signups for the excel school. Having 147 students in the class, each with different and probably very high expectations psyched me a bit. To top it, after running barely one week of the program, I had to move from Denmark to India and that posed different challenges (mainly on bandwidth, internet connectivity, free time fronts). Having 2 small babies at home didn’t help either.
But, the students are generous, eager and fun. They lapped up the lessons with enthusiasm and discussed topics with a sense of humor. They supported me when I told them I had to lie low on comment replies during my transit from DK to IN. They didnt mind when a video link was broken or download went 404. They just gave me time to correct it. Few enthusiastic fellas even emailed me and told how *awesome* the classes are and helped me gain confidence. Thank you.
The promised goodies…
I am hoping to start the next batch of Excel School at End of May 2010. I am actively looking for students now…
So if you are interested in an online excel training program please tell me your name and email address. I will update you once the program is ready for registration. Also, you will be receiving 3 free lessons,
- Excel conditional formatting lesson – as soon as you sign up below
- SUMPRODUCT Formula lesson – by End of April
- Excel Pivot Table Tricks (lesson by Debra Dalgleish and me) – by end of May.
Please use the below form (click here if are not able to see it) to express your interest in Excel School Program:
PS: For Excel School Curriculum & Details pls. visit – http://chandoo.org/wp/excel-school/
PPS: The price of Excel School will remain same at $97
Are you a student? What do you think of Excel School?
If you are an Excel School student, please take a minute and share your opinion of the program thru comments. I would love to know how it is helping you be more awesome in excel. Also, pls. share your suggestions for improvements for future batches.