Here is a list of formulas I wish MS Excel had. Alas, we need to build some work-arounds to solve them though.
- CONCATENATE (range): that can take a range of cells and churn out a big text combining all of them. Of course, here a VBA UDF alternative to concatenate range of cells.
- SPLIT (text, delimiter, part): that can take a text and split it based on the specified delimiter. We will have to use a formula based alternative to split text
- UNIQUE(list, number): that takes a list and returns the unique items based on the number specified. Well, for the time being we can get unique items with formulas.
- ISBETWEEN(number, first, second): to check whether “number” is between “first” and “second”. You can do this using AND() formula like AND(number>=first, number<=second).
- FINDLAST(findthis, text): that can find the last occurrence of a particular text in another text. I don’t know any good formula for this.
What are the formulas you wish Excel had ?
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Excel Links of the Week [Jan 12]||Why No One Likes Your Pie Charts (And What to Do About It) »|