Excel for Project Managers is coming up next Monday (14th), Details Inside…
Last week, we have announced about an upcoming online training program – Excel for Project Managers. Quite a few of expressed interest and shared ideas on how we should do this course. Finally, I am happy to announce the dates for this program and share details. Read on…
Who is this program for?
Well, there is no confusion. This is aimed at project managers, business analysts, project leads and project sponsors. Also, you would tremendously enjoy this program if you want to learn project management.
Topics of this Program?
We have divided this program in 3+1 modules. Each of which spans 6-8 hours of learning time.
Module 1: Planning & Estimating a Project
- Estimating an IT Services Project (case study) using Excel
- Planning for a Project using Excel Gantt Charts
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Estimating Break Even Point
Module 2: Tracking a Project
- Keeping Track of Resources
- Tracking & Monitoring Risk, Risk Analysis & Mitigation
- Keeping Track of Project Budget and Actual expenses, hours
- Tracking Changes to Project Scope
- Keeping Track of Issues, To do Lists & Contacts
Module 3: Project Reporting
- Commercial Analysis of a Project
- Project Burn-down & Timeline Charts
- Project Status Dashboards & Status Reporting
- Earned Value Management
Bonus Module – Introduction to Financial Concepts
- Understanding P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash flow
- Analysis of Profitability
- Estimation in other industries (case study example and Excel Model for Green Energy Generation)
- Advanced Risk Analysis using Monte Carlo Simulation
How does this Program Work?
The course methodology is very straightforward. See this illustration to understand how it works.
How much is this course?
We are offering this course in 2 flavors.
- View Only Option: You can view the lessons online and download workbooks. This is $97 (Rs 4,000)
- Download Option: You can download lesson videos and view them at your convenience. This is $147 (Rs 6,000)
When does it start?
We are opening this program on November 14th for your consideration. There is no closing date for this. So you can join whenever you are ready to become an awesome project manager.
If you have any questions or doubts, drop a comment here or email me at chandoo.d @ gmail.com. I will be very glad to help you out.
PS: If you are new to Excel, consider enrolling in our Excel School program before joining this. That way, you would be better prepared for this.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
I hope you enjoyed this article. Visit Excel for Beginner or Advanced Excel pages to learn more or join my online video class to master Excel.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Formula Forensics No. 002 – Joyces Question||Calculate Payment Schedule [Homework] »|
10 Responses to “Excel for Project Managers is coming up next Monday (14th), Details Inside…”
Love your work! With download option do the videos expire after 8 weeks from purchase? Can they be played multiple times to enhance learning or are they single use? Lastly, do workbooks come with video download option.
@Bailey... The downloaded files (videos or workbooks) do not expire. You can view them any number of times. And yes, with both options, you get to have the workbooks.
Hi Chandoo, I am interested in your PM class and I already took several of your classes in Excel and VB. My question is :"Don't you have some special price (discount)for the people that have taked some classes with you before ?".
@Alvaro... Thank you so much for your interest in this. Ofcourse we have discount for previous students opting for this. I will email discount code details to you and others via newsletter during next few days.
first, let me start by thanking you for your help and advice - surely one of the top newsletters I get in my e-mail. Thank You!
Second, I am very interested in joining your excel for PMs course, and I have a few questions:
1. How do I sign-up?
2. I can only afford the "View Only Option" - how long will the online lessons be available?
3. Is this course set for a particular excel version? (I've got 2007 @ home, and (sigh) 2003 @ work)
Thank you again for your attention
Best wishes for you and your family,
If i enroll with the view only option and later decide I need to review, can I switch to the downloadable version after I have started the course?
@Luiz... I am so thankful for your love. 🙂
1. You can sign up for this program starting today. I will post a link to the signup page in today's newsletter.
2. You can access the online lessons for 12 months from the date you join.
3. We will be using Excel 2007 and 2010 for this course. However, many formulas, examples and ideas can be applied to Excel 2003 as well.
@Billphil: Yes, you can upgrade later. The upgrade will cost $57.
As a member of PMI (Project Management Institute) I am required to earn PDU's (Professional Development Units). Do you know if this course would be accepted by PMI, or how many PDU's it would be worth?
@all... this course is open now. Please visit http://chandoo.org/wp/training-programs/excel-for-project-managers/ to join us.
This is very informative and easy to understand. Modules are defined very well. Yes, i agree with you can view this file them any number of times.