CP037: Error error on the wall, How do I fix you all? – Understanding & Fixing Excel Errors
In the 37th session of Chandoo.org podcast, Let’s debug ’em #VALUEs & #N/As.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- Introduction to Excel formula errors
- The easy kind: syntax errors
- The triky ones: # ERRORs
- Fixing errors – using IFERROR & ISERROR
- Error checking & debug options
- Using Errors deliberately – charts & data validation
- A challenge for you – produce #NULL error
Listen to this session
Links & Resources mentioned in this podcast
Understanding & Fixing Excel Errors:
- Various Excel formula errors – what do they mean and how to fix them?
- What to do when your Excel formula is not working
- Using F9 key to debug formulas
Error handing in Excel
- IFERROR formula – what is it, how to use it?
- Excel formula auditing features – how to use them?
- Hiding errors in print outs
Using Errors deliberately
- CP026: Excel operators – an introductions & overview
- CP008: How to maintain workbooks created by others
Transcript of this session:
How do you tackle errors?
My favorite techniques for error handling are – IFERROR & F9 key.
What about you? What kind of errors do you face frequently. How do you handle them? What do you do to ensure fewer errors in your reports and dashboards? Please share your tips in the comments area.
Also, tell me which formulas you will write to produce #NULL error in Excel.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Introduction to Slicers – What are they, how to use them, tips, advanced techniques & interactive reports using Excel Slicers||15 Quick & powerful ways to analyze business data »|