In the 34th session of Chandoo.org podcast, Let’s hear from Jordan Goldmeier – my friend, fellow blogger, Excel blogger & author. After many years of interaction thru email, blogs, Skype calls, finally I met him at PASS BA conference at Santa Clara this week. He gave me a copy of his new book – Advanced Excel Essentials and I immediately asked him to do a podcast. So here we go.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- What is this book all about
- Sample chapter review – User forms
- Design principles for creating advanced user interactions
- How to become advanced Excel user – pathway recommended by Jordan
- More info about Jordan
- A secret for you
Listen to this session
Links & Resources mentioned in this podcast
Books recommended / mentioned in this podcast
- Advanced Excel Essentials by Jordan Goldmeier
- Data Smart by John Foreman
- Professional XL Development by Rob, Dennis & Stephen
- Predictive Analytics by Conrad Carlberg
- Data Science for Business by Foster & Tom
User form examples:
Resources on learning VBA & Advanced Excel
About Jordan & his work:
- Option Explicit VBA – Jordan’s blog
- Excel TV – where Jordan along with Rick & Oz share tips & interviews
Transcript of this session:
Have you read Advanced Excel Essentials book?
I will be honest, I only thumbed thru a few chapters. But I plan to read the book on my flight back to India (I am typing this from my hotel room in Santa Clara).
What about you? Have you read Jordan’s book? If so how do you like it? Please share your feedback & book recommendations in the comments area.
Note: All the links to books mentioned in this page use my Amazon affiliate code. This means, when you buy the book from Amazon thru these links, I get a few cents commission. My motivation for recommending these books is very simple. They make you awesome, so I recommend them. I would have recommended them even when there is no commission involved. Thanks for supporting Chandoo.org & happy reading.