Can you calculate the sales commission? [homework]
Imagine you run a cute little pastry in Rome (Italy). To boost the sales you have a 2 person sales team. Caterina & Antonio. Caterina is the manager & Antonio, her assistant.
Apart from basic salary, they will also receive sales commission. This comes from a portion of net profit allocated to “incentive pool”. The sales commission is decided as below:
- First €25,000 goes to Caterina
- Any amount between €25,000 and €60,000 is split in 70:30 in favor of Caterina
- Any amount beyond €60,000 is split 50:50 between Caterina & Antonio
Your job: Write a formula to calculate the sales commission:
- Cell A1 ( named incentive ) contains total amount in incentive pool
- Cell A2 ( named first.split ) contains €25,000
- Cell A3 ( named second.split ) contains €60,000
- Cell B2 ( named first.ratio ) contains 70%
- Cell B3 ( named second.ratio ) contains 50%
What formula gives Caterina’s commission?
And what formula gives Antonio’s commission?
Post your answers in comments section
Go ahead and share your answers.
PS: This homework problem inspired from a question in our forum posted by Robbie.
My name is Chandoo. Thanks for dropping by. My mission is to make you awesome in Excel & your work. I live in Wellington, New Zealand. When I am not F9ing my formulas, I cycle, cook or play lego with my kids. Know more about me.
Thank you and see you around.
Leave a Reply
|« Open & Save files faster in Excel 2013 [quick tip]||Calculate Pi by throwing Frozen Hotdogs ! »|