CP051: VLOOKUP FAQs – Most frequently asked questions about VLOOKUP – Answered
In the 51st session of Chandoo.org podcast, let’s discuss most frequently asked questions about VLOOKUP.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- What is VLOOKUP?
- What happens when VLOOKUP can’t find the value?
- Should my list be sorted?
- Is VLOOKUP slower than INDEX + MATCH?
- What if my list has multiple matches?
- How to fetch 2nd / 3rd matching item?
- How to fetch all matching items?
- How to fetch items matching multiple conditions?
- How to speed up VLOOKUP?
- Why doesn’t my VLOOKUP work?
- What to do in case of errors?
- Resources for you
Listen to this session
Resources for this podcast
4 Resources to learn lookup functions:
- Comprehensive guide to Excel lookup functions
- VLOOKUP Cheatsheet
- The VLOOKUP Quiz – test your knowledge
- Recommended book: The VLOOKUP Book
Other formulas and links mentioned in this podcast:
- INDEX formula – introduction, how to use it and why you should use it?
- INDEX + MATCH formula combination
- IFERROR Formula What is it, syntax, examples and uses
- Looking up 2nd or 3rd matching value
- Looking up based on multiple conditions
- Ultimate VLOOKUP trick – Multi-condition lookup
Speeding up VLOOKUPs:
Transcript of this session:
Want to know more about VLOOKUP? Please ask…
Still have questions about VLOOKUP? Please post them in the comments section. I will try to help you.
Do you want to be awesome in Excel?
Here is a smart way to become awesome in Excel. Just signup for my Excel newsletter. Every week you will receive an Excel tip, tutorial, template or example delivered to your inbox. What more, as a joining bonus, I am giving away a 25 page eBook containing 95 Excel tips & tricks. Please sign-up below:
Your email address is safe with us. Our policies
Leave a Reply
|How can I help you in 2016? [Survey]||Don’t make your charts heavier than they should be – The weight of the world chart [case study]|