CP051: VLOOKUP FAQs – Most frequently asked questions about VLOOKUP – Answered
In the 51st session of Chandoo.org podcast, let’s discuss most frequently asked questions about VLOOKUP.
What is in this session?
In this podcast,
- What is VLOOKUP?
- What happens when VLOOKUP can’t find the value?
- Should my list be sorted?
- Is VLOOKUP slower than INDEX + MATCH?
- What if my list has multiple matches?
- How to fetch 2nd / 3rd matching item?
- How to fetch all matching items?
- How to fetch items matching multiple conditions?
- How to speed up VLOOKUP?
- Why doesn’t my VLOOKUP work?
- What to do in case of errors?
- Resources for you
Listen to this session
Resources for this podcast
4 Resources to learn lookup functions:
- Comprehensive guide to Excel lookup functions
- VLOOKUP Cheatsheet
- The VLOOKUP Quiz – test your knowledge
- Recommended book: The VLOOKUP Book
Other formulas and links mentioned in this podcast:
- INDEX formula – introduction, how to use it and why you should use it?
- INDEX + MATCH formula combination
- IFERROR Formula What is it, syntax, examples and uses
- Looking up 2nd or 3rd matching value
- Looking up based on multiple conditions
- Ultimate VLOOKUP trick – Multi-condition lookup
Speeding up VLOOKUPs:
Transcript of this session:
Want to know more about VLOOKUP? Please ask…
Still have questions about VLOOKUP? Please post them in the comments section. I will try to help you.
Leave a Reply
|How can I help you in 2016? [Survey]||Don’t make your charts heavier than they should be – The weight of the world chart [case study]|