What should we call our Podcast?
Friends and supporters of Chandoo.org,
I am very happy to tell you about another great way to learn Excel & stay awesome
That is right. As part our mission to make you awesome in Excel, this year I will be adding a podcast.
A podcast eh? Why?
Let me tell you a story first. One of my goals for 2014 is to increase my stamina. So on Jan 1st of 2014, I opened Nike + app on my iPhone, went to coach feature and selected “Run 10K” as my first goal. It has been 3 years since I ran 10k. So I wanted to get back in the game to improve my fitness and health. The app suggested an 8 week program to help me reach 10k. It sounded difficult, as I had to run more than 250 KM in 8 weeks. But I pushed on. As of today, I am at 177. I know I missed a few days here and there, but I already ran 10K thrice since starting and I feel good about where I am today.
Dude… what are you talking about? I am here to know about the podcast!
I am coming to that. To give me company during the runs, I choose a bunch of podcasts. This is the first time in my life I paid serious attention to podcasts. It is a fruitful experience. Every time I go for a jog, not only I am getting healthier, but also smarter. I realized how powerful, effective and useful podcasting can be. So I thought, “Why not provide similar experience to our readers?”
And thus born the idea of Chandoo.org Podcast.
How will the podcast help you?
I am still at the drawing board when it comes to our show. But here is what you will gain,
- Strategies & tactics: You will learn about various spreadsheet design strategies, tactics, tricks and ideas I follow. You will learn how to handle tricky situations (like lots of data, changing requirements, dynamic everything, no vba etc.).
- Whats new: What is happening the world of spreadsheets, data analysis, visualization, reporting & self-service BI. My views & opinions mixed with latest industry trends.
- Tips & Tricks: Excel tips, tricks, ideas that are easy to remember and quick to implement.
- Interviews: Interviews with fellow Excel gurus, bloggers, MVPs and authors. Hopefully we get to feature Microsoft Excel team members, industry leaders and other prominent figures.
- Case studies & Personal experiences: Explanations on projects, things I am learning and how to manage large-scale spreadsheet development projects.
- Book & Product Reviews: I read a lot of books on data analysis. I also come across quite a few add-ins, templates, Excel courses. My views and recommendations on the same so that you can make informed decisions.
- Ask Chandoo: Send me your questions. I will answer them in the podcast.
- Announcements: Announcements about my upcoming training programs, live classes or products so that you can make the best use of them.
When is it launching?
In the first week of May. I will share more details once we are ready to go. Few more things:
- It is free and awesome. Just like our articles, tutorials & examples.
- You can subscribe to it thru iTunes, Zune or other popular pod-casting directories.
- You can also listen to it from our site.
- Full episodes, show notes, resources and downloadable templates will be posted on our site.
- I am hoping to do a show once every 2 weeks. Lets see how this goes.
What should we call it?
If all of this sounds interesting, here is how you can help.
I am still not sure what to call this podcast. I have a few options for the name. Can you suggest one?
The names I am thinking are,
- Speaking Cells
- Become Awesome Analyst Podcast
- Chandoo.org Podcast
Can you tell me which one should I use? Post your choice in the comments.
PS: If you don’t like any of these names, suggest some.
Do you want to be awesome in Excel?
Here is a smart way to become awesome in Excel. Just signup for my Excel newsletter. Every week you will receive an Excel tip, tutorial, template or example delivered to your inbox. What more, as a joining bonus, I am giving away a 25 page eBook containing 95 Excel tips & tricks. Please sign-up below:
Your email address is safe with us. Our policies
Leave a Reply
|Last day to join Advanced Power Pivot class & Bundles – Enroll to become awesome||Robust Dynamic (Cascading) Dropdowns Without VBA|