Homework: Can you extract dates from text?
So who is up for a challenge? Can you use only formulas and extract dates buried inside text?
Your mission, if you choose to accept it,
- Download this file.
- In column C, write a formula such that you can extract the date in column B
- If you succeed, post your solution here as a comment.
- If you fail, drink some coffee, start afresh.
What are you waiting for? Start extracting!
Need some help?
If you want some clues, check out below links:
- Extract numbers from text using formulas
- Working with date & time in Excel – Basics
- Excel array formulas – examples & explanations
- More examples on date & time
Want more challenges? We got’em too
You better have access to lots of coffee or something strong, cause it going to get tough.
PS: If you feel like cheating, here is a solution.
Sign-up for our FREE Excel tips newsletter:
Here is a smart way to become awesome in Excel. Just signup for my FREE Excel tips newsletter. Every week you will receive an Excel tip, tutorial, template or example delivered to your inbox. What more, as a joining bonus, I am giving away a 25 page eBook containing 95 Excel tips & tricks. Please sign-up below:
Your email address is safe with us. Our policies
Leave a Reply
|One race, Every medalist ever – Interactive Excel Visualization||Growing a Money Mustache using Excel [for fun]|