Homework: Can you extract dates from text?
So who is up for a challenge? Can you use only formulas and extract dates buried inside text?
Your mission, if you choose to accept it,
- Download this file.
- In column C, write a formula such that you can extract the date in column B
- If you succeed, post your solution here as a comment.
- If you fail, drink some coffee, start afresh.
What are you waiting for? Start extracting!
Need some help?
If you want some clues, check out below links:
- Extract numbers from text using formulas
- Working with date & time in Excel – Basics
- Excel array formulas – examples & explanations
- More examples on date & time
Want more challenges? We got’em too
You better have access to lots of coffee or something strong, cause it going to get tough.
PS: If you feel like cheating, here is a solution.
Leave a Reply
|One race, Every medalist ever – Interactive Excel Visualization||Growing a Money Mustache using Excel [for fun]|